CarComplaints.com Notes: Welcome to North America, Ford Fiesta. Thanks for bringing your herky-jerky transmission, numerous interior quality complaints, and an engine that dies while driving.

2011 Ford Fiesta engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Fiesta:

2011 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Oct 252013

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fiesta. While driving various speeds, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the electronic throttle body failed and would need to be repaired. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 22,000.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Nov 012016

Fiesta

Ive taken my car to the dealership around 4 times for the same problem. The fourth being the worst. The car will shudder, shake, over rev, low power when taking off and lack of powersteering and brakes. Its had its tcm reprogrammed to no avail! clutch has been replaced to no avail. Third time it stared again and had to get the car reprogrammed again. The last time the car would not drive over 30 mph without shaking shuddering and trying to find the right gear. Couple of times the car stopped while driving!! dealership replaced the tcm.on about the fourth time in. My wife drives our kids to school in this car and I have not confidence in its ability to sustain and deliver my family safely to their destinatation. Im currently making payments and have also tried to talk to Ford about a buy back or replacement and they said I don't meet or qualify for the California lemon law. They had pulled my records at the dealership to verify the car status. All actions that the car displayed and others have encountered have happened when pulling away to accelerate. A couple of my complaints on the service record was not recorded. I think the first and the last ones were however.

- South San Francisco, CA, USA

Nov 012016

Fiesta

Transmission is jerking, specially coming to the stop, gears are slipping, car was in the dealership service center several times through the years to address this issue, but it never been corrected. Engine and transmission warning lights come on constantly, now the engine is overheating and the dealership is unable to fix. This car is defective and unsafe to drive. I purchased this car new from autonation and had it serviced/maintained by their certified service department, I had problems with the transmission from the beginning and was complaining several times, but it never was addressed and/or fixed

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Oct 082016

Fiesta

"takata recall had the vehicle approximately one week purchased from a private. I stopped at a stop sign and car died on me and left me stranded at a 4 way stop. I tried to get vehicle started and it started briefly and died on me. I was frantic as I am an older lady with my grandchild that was scared to death. I was pushed off the road by a concerned citizen who helped us push 2011 Ford Fiesta off the road. I had the unit towed and had motor replaced. The car still will not run and I have gone through all my saving on this piece of junk. It is now at a Ford dealership and they still are scratching their head and cannot fix unit. It is located at halliday Ford Lincoln incorporated, 1700 columbus ave, Washington court house, Ohio, 43160, telephone 800-358-3673.

- Greenfield, OH, USA

Oct 102016

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fiesta. While driving 30 mph, the transmission slipped out of gear and the shift lever locked into position and would not move. The check engine, service engine soon, and traction control warning indicators illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed, but there were no failure codes. The failure recurred twice. The failure mileage was 91,147.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Aug 222016

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fiesta. While driving 60 mph, the speed decreased to 40 mph without warning. The accelerator pedal was depressed, but the vehicle failed to accelerate. The contact was able to turn off and restart the vehicle, but the engine malfunction indicator illuminated. The was taken to a dealer were it was diagnosed that the air flow sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken to the dealer again, but the issue could not be duplicated. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The failure mileage was 90,000.

- Forest Grove, OR, USA

Feb 012016

Fiesta

Car will randomly die at certain times. Sometimes it will start back up sometimes not. Happens during low or medium speeds at intersections almost wrecked a few times due to it. Problem due to a failing electronic throttle body. The car only had 50K miles on it when it started doing it.

- Arlington, WA, USA

Aug 242016

Fiesta

My car had the transmission control module reprogrammed on 06/06/16 and is having the same issue as we speak 8/24/16. The car jerks, doesn't accelerate properly and is doing what it wants, very unsafe as it doesn't want to shift and jolts when it does. It's almost like its stuck in gear. This car has been nothing but problems and I'm irritated that this was repaired 2 months ago and the problem clearly isn't fixed. I'm pregnant and am very dissapointed that Ford can allow a problem like this to continue without proper resolution and safety for its customers.

- Johnstown, NY, USA

Aug 232016

Fiesta

Purchased 02/26/16 since purchase breaks have locked up 7 times, took to original dealer of purchase 8 times in first two months of purchase by the time they get car they find nothing wrong taken to Ford dealership 3 times they replaced censor states it will fix problem and has not have almost gotten in several accidents because breaks lock up and prevent car from going forward and unable to move.

- Harlem, GA, USA

Jul 092015

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fiesta. While shifting from first to second gear, there was a loud clicking noise coming from the front of the vehicle. While stopped at a red light, the engine stalled without warning. The vehicle restarted. The failures recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the vehicle was functioning properly. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was approximately 69,456.

- Scotts Valley, CA, USA

Aug 042016

Fiesta

The transmission has caused numerous problems and ultimately crashed suddenly with warnings of dysfunction malfunction.

- Plymouth, MI, USA

May 232016

Fiesta

Driving vehicle on expressway and vehicle just cut off. Been complaining to Ford since I purchased vehicle about 2 years now, took it in for repairs several time. Was told that the problem is corrected but it keeps doing the same thing. It will roll back when I stop at a light or stop sign. This is dangerous. This time I was lucky nothing serious happened. Next time I might not be.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Apr 302016

Fiesta

Hesitation, jerking and clutch grinding noises. Went to make a left hand turn and my car hesitated on acceleration causing a near fatal accident from an on coming car. Luckily the oncoming car was able to slow down enough to avoid hitting my passenger side where my daughter was sitting. I have been experiencing hesitation, severe jerking and grinding of the clutch the entire weekend.

- Trenton, MI, USA

Mar 102016

Fiesta

My daughter drives this car. Car stutters when driving, idle goes up to 3K, overheat icon came on, idle goes high but car decelerates, car bucks like a Bronco. Ford charged us over $500 to replace a cooling fan, did 3 software upgrades, said they replaced the transmission control module, same issues repeated except for the overheat icon, idle still went high and car stutters, bucks, again the trans stopped propelling the car. Now they say it's the throttle body and want over $800 !! to repair it. The 2011 Ford Fusion has a similar problem and is now covered for free under a customer satisfaction program, all of the windows in the car are hard to raise, you have to manually push them up while holding the up button. The throttle issue is new but why didn't those codes turn up previously when the car exhibited the same symptoms? imo this is a poorly manufactured vehicle. Only 79K miles and sooooo many problems.

- Azle, TX, USA

Dec 292015

Fiesta

The contact owned a 2011 Ford Fiesta. While driving 55 mph, the vehicle lost power and the engine failed. The failure recurred several times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000.

- Rose Hill, NC, USA

Nov 142015

Fiesta

This is an update to a previous complaint with my car. Previously the car gave out in the hills of a sf. The car said it had a problem with the transmission and would not give any propulsion risking going backward on a hill. The dealer updated the software. They said this was the fix. They said after 1000 miles it should fix itself. Since then the car has been running much more sluggish. It forces itself on accelerating. It jerks much more excessively when I take off the gas. It jerks much more when I brake and I hear the metal grinding and clanking together. It was a really bad software update. 1000 passed and we ran into another problem. I had the car parked in the house. Tried to turn car back on and would not turn on. I heard clicking noise as if the battery was dead. I had dome lights on for a few minutes but nothing excessive. Shouldn't die out like that. Tried several times to turn it on and nothing. Started to call roadside assistance for backup. I then removed the car charger I had plugged in and tried again. The car sputtered on and starting giving me notifications. A service and check engine light. Also the display said that there was a "transmission malfunction" and to service it now. The engine was really forcing itself as I heard it. RPM was high even going slow. Car still sputters on after a few tries. Checked the codes through obd2. Car was throwing P0606. Said that it was ECM/PCM processor problem. I have no idea what is wrong with this car. I feel like its completely falling apart all around. Horrible car with too many issues!!!! this car needs a massive recall on it!!! it is unequivocally unsafe and unfit for the road!

- Stockton, CA, USA

Sep 072015

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fiesta. While driving approximately 65 mph, the check engine and the wrench icon warning lights illuminated. The vehicle went into limp mode, causing a drastic reduction in speed. The vehicle was not able to be driven above 5 mph. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the throttle body or the throttle body sensor needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 89,090.

- Morris, IL, USA

Nov 102014

Fiesta

In November of 2014 I received my recall notice on my 2011 Ford Fiesta about a 'shutteringż issue within the motor/transmission. Since this time, my car has gone back every 3 months to have the same issue repaired. This will be transmission number 4 within 1 year. I was already told by the dealership that my car cannot be repaired. Ford cannot fix the issue. The dealership has been great, they have been honest with me from the start. They have advised that they will continue to try and fix the car under warranty until it runs out. The 2012 Fiestas do not have the same motor or transmission thus, the issue is fixed. I called my finance company and asked them if I can return the car since the car cannot be repaired. I was advised I had to go through Ford and have them start the paperwork. I was further advised that the paperwork has to be coded to reflex the car cannot be repaired, therefore it is coded differently to reflect on my credit report as a voluntary repossession due to unrepairable vs just non-pay. I called Ford customer relation team 1-800-392-3673 options 1,4 &5. I spoke with renee who advised I had to go to Ford credit to get the paperwork. Renee advised me my car is too old for them to buy back (my car is 4 years old). She further advised the number as 800-727-7000. She advised they would be able to help me. I called Ford credit and spoke with chad who advised me he could not help me since all I want to do is return my car and have the paperwork coded that it is being returned because the car cannot be repaired. I did not do anything wrong, I pay for my car each month and even for the months when my car is at the garage. I want to return the car and have my credit score not affected by the return.

- Northboro, MA, USA

Oct 052015

Fiesta

Took my car in twice for the tcm and it's even worse. Shuddering, electrical failures, loss of engagement while driving, and worst of all Ford is denying me service until I put another 1,500 miles on the car! not sure if this is even legal. Trying to press for a lemon law now.

- Ephrata, PA, USA

Sep 252015

Fiesta

While in motion, my vehicle had an intermittent electrical issue. The service wrench appears, and displays "engine malfunction, seivce now" the engine then derates and runs very rough. With a manual transmission, it is difficult to shift gerars without stalling. Upon turning off and restarting, the engine resets and runs normally. Occurences are random without any warning. This is a safety issue. In one instance my engine nearly stalled in a busy intersection as a result of this issue. Ford has a tsb for the issue (13-11-15) that involves changing the wiring of the car. I believe this should be elevated to recall status so that repairs are covered. Given that it is a design issue that was built in to the vehicle and requires a change to the wiring to fix, Ford should be responsible for the service. I was billed $442.85 by my dealer to correct this issue.

- Peoria, IL, USA