2012 Ford Fiesta accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Fiesta:

2012 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jun 092014

I was driving my vehicle at appx. 15 mph when the front passenger door opened on its own. I pulled over and tried to close the door; the door failed to latch or close again. I had to keep it closed with a bungee cord and drive to the dealership. I paid $450 for the repair. I am posting this now, after doing some research; because the same thing the happened the my rear passenger door. Now I will have to bungee that closed and drive, once again, to the dealership to pay another $450 for something that should be recalled. Please recall asap.

- Savannah, GA, USA

Aug 302014

Fiesta 4-cyl

Shut the door and the latch broke (front right).

- Sierra Vista, AZ, USA

Sep 042014

Fiesta 4-cyl

While trying to close the front passage door, the electrical door lock actuator fail to engage. I tried to close the door several times but couldn't. I tried to active the automatic door lock system on the dash broad but couldn't and the system displayed passage front door open. I contacted the dealer and they stated "I should have this fixed" and suggested to keep the door closed with a rope or bungee cord, which is unlawful in this state. I'm thank full this happen while the car was parked, but what if I was driving and the door disengaged causing an accident or hitting a person, object or another car. Food company should look into the cause for the malfunction of the electrical door lock actuator.

- Florence, AZ, USA

Aug 232014

Fiesta 4-cyl

This car seems to have the same problem where the door latch seems to fail whenever it feels like it. Its unsafe and should be recalled. I took a left hand turn leaving my neighborhood an the passenger doors flew open. Luckily my kids were not in my car, rather some grown men that could grab the doors and hold them closed. The doors will now not shut and I have to disconnect my battery to keep it from dying. This was my first non GM vehicle and will definitely be my last. After looking online I do not see how this has not been recalled yet. I guess we just have to wait for somebody to get fatally injured... or better yet numerous people before anything gets done about this.

- San Tan Valley, AZ, USA

Jul 302014

Fiesta 4-cyl

Ford Fiesta 2012 still under warranty; this is the second door in this new car where the door latch just stops working. Stays ajar. The first time took 1 week to get part; this time dealer is saying the part will take a month. They said there are many people experiencing this and he has a couple of customers who's cars have been there a couple of weeks already, but parts won't come until end of August! I don't have rental insurance, we only have one vehicle, no bus line to work - I can not be without my car for a month or more. So grateful we were not on the freeway or traveling any faster (this was on my passengers side). Cheaply made door parts - we think because the door is closed, locked it can't fly open we better think again.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jul 232014

Fiesta 4-cyl

The passenger rear door latch will not keep the door closed.

- Bloomington, CA, USA

Jun 182014

Door latch will not catch. The door does not lock or stay closed. This is happening on the passenger front side door. Has already happened to the passenger back door as well.

- Harlingen, TX, USA