3.3

2012 Ford Fiesta accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Fiesta:

2012 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jun 052015

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Fiesta. The contact stated while the vehicle in idle, the drivers side door unlatched. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it diagnosed that the failure was related to NHTSA campaign number: 15V246000 (latches/locks/linkages ) however the parts to do the repair were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was not provided. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Westbrook, ME, USA

Jan 012016

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Fiesta. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V246000 (latches/locks/linkages); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Centralia, IL, USA

Apr 182015

Fiesta

The rear passenger door unlatched while turning a corner (child-lock was on). My 3 yr old and 10 yr old was in the back when it happened. They both have autism. Thankfully, no one was hurt!! the door will not shut. I just received a call from the dealer and they said the latch is broken. Are you kidding me"?? even worse....the repair is $501.63. What???" this is a safety issue!!! my car is so only 3 years old. There should be a recall on the latch, asap!! this is ridiculous!! thank god my 3 yr old is restrained in his car seat and didn't put his hand/arm out when the door opened. If it had been my 10 yr old....he might've jumped out (he has zero sense of fear due to his autism). I will sue everyone in my path of a hair on my child's head gets harmed. As a parent, I do everything I can to protect my children. I shouldn't have to worry about my car door opening for no reason!! especially if I have the child safety lock on!! please fix this!!!

- Jacksonville , FL, USA

Apr 182015

Fiesta

Rear passenger door latch failed and door does not stay closed. Happened after checking on my son in his car seat. Thankful it didn't happen on the interstate since we were traveling all morning. Ford states it is not under warranty nor has the latch been recalled yet. Had the timing of the latch failure been different it could have been catastrophic.

- Punta Gorda, FL, USA

Apr 012015

Fiesta 4-cyl

The rear door latch jammed on my 2012 Ford Fiesta and door wouldn't shut. Had to tape door so as not to open. I took the car to dealer and they gave me an estimate of $650 to repair. They were not aware of any prior issues with door latches reported to Ford.

- Slidell, LA, USA

Apr 132015

Fiesta 4WD 4-cyl

Latch failed. My passenger needed to put some possessions in the back seat because there wasn't enough room in the front. He proceeded to put his things in the back, then came to the front and got into the passenger seat. I started the car and the radio display notified me that a door was ajar. I asked him to re-close the back door and when he attempted too, it wouldn't latch. We tried pulling the door handle on both the inside and outside, locking and unlocking the car, and pushing as hard as we could on the door, but the door wouldn't latch shut. I ended up having to duct tape the door close, but the interior light remains on and reduces my visibility through the front windshield due to the glare. I feel very unsafe leaving my car in public places due to the risk of theft, and leaving items back there for fear of them flying out of the vehicle while in motion.

- Delano, CA, USA

Feb 182015

Fiesta 4-cyl

Rear side door latch not locking the door. Was about to drive with my 2 daughters on the back seat when I noticed that the door is not locking.

- San Juan, PR, USA

Sep 272014

Fiesta

As I was pulling out of the driveway and started driving down the street my front passenger door flew open only to find the door latch to be broken. When the door wont close the lights stay on resulting in a dying battery. Extremely inconvenient and unsafe. This happened again one month later and each time the part was on a national backorder.

- Avondale, AZ, USA

Oct 312014

Fiesta

While driving out of my neighborhood my rear passenger door latch stopped working. The door swung open as I turned the corner. One could only imagine how terrifying this was for my 7 year old who was sitting right next to that door as it flew open.

- Avondale, AZ, USA

Aug 142014

Fiesta

I have a 2012 Ford Fiesta. The back right door lock has failed and now the rear back door won't remain closed. Luckily this happened while the car wasn't moving. Could have been a huge issue had I actually been in motion.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Sep 252014

Fiesta 4-cyl

The rear door latch released while the vehicle was in motion and now does not work at all. I have contacted both my local Ford dealership and corporate. Both have refused to resolve this serious safety issue.

- Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Dec 212014

Fiesta

The door latch on my front passenger side broke, and will no longer latch. This is the second latch on my car to break in this manner.

- Npr, FL, USA

Dec 042014

Fiesta 4-cyl

The door latch for the rear passenger door stopped working. The door will not close anymore. There was no damage to the door.

- Edinburg, TX, USA

Sep 232014

Fiesta

The car was park on the street. I was inside waiting for my mother to return with my sister. My mom open the rear passanger door, got my sister buckled in then try to close the door. The latch was ineffective it would not latch on so it remains open.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Oct 112014

Fiesta 4-cyl

Rear passenger door, driver's side. I opened the door to get something out, never coming close to the latch, and when I went to close it, the latch didn't latch. It could not be corrected with manually moving it. Have to take to shop now! only 37,000!

- Ridgecrest, CA, USA

Oct 292014

Fiesta 4-cyl

The rear door latch on passenger side will not latch any longer. I see there is a problem getting the part to correct this error.

- Earleville, MD, USA

Aug 252013

Fiesta 4-cyl

While driving at about 20mph and braking lightly, the rear drivers side door swung open. After stopping I attempted to secure the door but the door would not latch. The door when shut will not stay secured and will swing open. The latch/locking mechanism malfunctioned. I inspected the latch and all parts seem to be there but the latch that catches on the bolt does not lock in place.

- Clint, TX, USA

Sep 122014

Fiesta 4-cyl

Rear door latch stopped working. Door will not stay shut at all. I have to tie its' handle across the back seat to the opposite door handle.

- College Park, MD, USA

Jun 222014

Fiesta 4-cyl

June 22nd 2014, my son's friend was getting out of the car and closed the rear passenger's door and it would no longer latch. I had to ratchet the 2 rear doors together to hold it shut. Repair cost was $300. Second incident was September 20th 2014, my son and I was at a family reunion 300 miles away from home, as we were leaving, he shut his front passenger door and it did not close, the door would not latch. I still had the ratchet in the car from the first failed door latch, so he rode in the back while I held the door shut ratcheted together to the front driver door. I have to get together the $300 to replace this failed latch. My question is that if the original parts for the doors failed, will the replacements do the same thing? I am thankful that my son and his friend was not injured, but maybe that is what they are waiting on before they fix this problem.

- Gatesville, TX, USA

Sep 242014

Fiesta 4-cyl

Rear passenger door of my 2012 Ford Fiesta will no longer close. The latch appears to be broken, as I can manually manipulate the latch but it does not latch when the door is closed. Luckily the latch broke after I had parked the vehicle, since children were riding in the back seat directly before the latch broke. I now have to keep the door closed via bungee cord. The door simply swings open while driving if the door is not held closed by the bungee cord. I no longer feel safe allowing anyone, especially children, to ride in the back seat of the vehicle since the door is not at all stable.

- Kyle, TX, USA