Huge win for car owners! All TSBs to be made public. The Center for Auto Safety just made the NHTSA (US Government) make public the full text of all TSBs from now on. They are the same organization that has petitioned the NHTSA & filed lawsuits to protect car owners over exploding gas tanks & other major safety issues. Whenever you drive in your car, you are safer thanks in part to a lot of work over the years by this small but very effective consumer advocacy group.

Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety.

2.9

hardly worth mentioning
Crashes / Fires:
0 / 0
Injuries / Deaths:
0 / 0
Average Mileage:
48,389 miles

About These NHTSA Complaints:

This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.

So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.

2012 Ford Fiesta body / paint problems

body / paint problem

Find something helpful? Spread the word.
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Fiesta:

Unsubscribe any time. We don't sell/share your email.

2012 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments

problem #4

Mar 192015

Fiesta

  • 55,055 miles

A D V E R T I S E M E N T S

After shopping and loading the groceries into the car. The right rear passenger door would not stay shut. The door latch would not latch. After tying it shut and taking it to my mechanic, he advised me that the door latch had broken. This vehicle was not involved in any incidents or accidents. I called my local Ford dealer and they reported they were aware of an issue with the rear door latches but that there was not an active recall on them. It will cost me at least $300 to have it fixed.

- Ahwahnee, CA, USA

problem #3

Oct 312014

Fiesta

  • 59,000 miles
While driving out of my neighborhood my rear passenger door latch stopped working. The door swung open as I turned the corner. One could only imagine how terrifying this was for my 7 year old who was sitting right next to that door as it flew open.

- Avondale, AZ, USA

problem #2

Sep 012014

Fiesta 4-cyl

  • 29,500 miles
I was loading items into my backseat after vacation in the back right door and went to shut the door when it bounced back. It was not locking at all. I have had this vehicle since January and have maybe opened the back doors 20 times a piece as I drive alone 90% of the time and with my significant other who sits in the front seat the other 10% of the time. We tried to fiddle with the latching mechanism, but no combination of adjusting the latch would yield closure. We eventually settled on taking a taxi to the hardware store and getting 2 bungee cords to hold the door shut on our drive back home. The current issue is that my dome lights will not turn off and I fear for my battery in the time it will take me to get to the dealership. My car is still under manufacturer's warranty at 29,500 miles so I'm hopeful that they will fix this issue for me promptly. Otherwise, it was an unnecessary cost and safety hazard for a car I purchased 8 months ago.

- Tuscaloosa, AL, USA

problem #1

Aug 102014

Fiesta 4-cyl

  • 50,000 miles
I was 20 miles away from home out shopping with my two sons. We got into the car and the door open light was on. I had one son check to make sure his door was closed but when he tried to re-shut it, the door would not close properly and lock. I started to worry as I got out of the car and double checked it myself. The door would not shut and stay closed and we were 20 miles away from home. There was no way I could have my 12 year old son hold the door shut while driving on the freeway. Luckily, after making a few calls - the suggestion was made to buy a couple of bungee cords to tie around the door and seat to hold the door in place. I had to drive very slowly in fear that the door was going to swing open while on the freeway. Thankfully we made it safe. Unfortunately we took it to the dealer and that issue is not covered under warranty.

- Riverside, CA, USA

Not what you are looking for?