2012 Ford Fiesta drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Fiesta:

2012 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments (Page 8 of 8)

Sep 282012

Fiesta 4-cyl

I purchased my "new" vehicle in August 2012 and very soon there after I heard a rattling noise in the front of the car. The dealership made a date for me to bring the car in. They stated that they were not able to hear the noise but that Ford was aware of the problem because other people have had the problem. Close to my second oil change date I brought my vehicle in and asked if they would again try to hear the noise because it drives me crazy. They again stated that they did not hear the noise and that Ford is aware there is a problem. On my 10,000 check up I again asked that the service person check out the noise well apparently by this time Ford had figured out that there was a shield in the transmission that needs to be sealed. On May 16th I was told the part would be at the service station in a couple of days. Today is the 30th no call and no part and now I am told the end of June. I am moving out of state and need to drive my rattling broken down transmission 2,000 miles in my what was supposed to be a brand new car. August will be a year. It is not fair I still pay my loan for my broken down piece of junk.

- Granby, CT, USA

May 012013

Fiesta 4-cyl

My 2012 Ford Fiesta, like all automatic transmission 2012 Fiestas and focuses, has developed chronic transmission problems -- slippage, rattling, grinding, shaking -- while shifting from a stop into first, second into third, etc. These problems were slightly noticeable at the beginning of the month and, three weeks later, are markedly worse.

- Fountain Valley, CA, USA

Jan 102013

Fiesta 4-cyl

Transmission makes a grinding sound and shudders when shifting. When you go to turn a corner the car shudders so bad it almost stalls. When driving up hills when tha transmission shifts it starts to shudder and you almost stall.

- Glendale, AZ, USA

Feb 012012

Fiesta 4-cyl

Car makes a grinding noise at low speed acceleration.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Dec 072012

The "affected part" is the transmission. The "incident" that occurred is a recurring problem with the power shift transmission. When the car's automatic transmission is in "drive" or "reverse", and the driver takes his foot off the brake or accelerator, the car acts as though it is in neutral for about 1 second. If the car is on a hill, the car will roll downhill during that brief period when the brake/accelerator is not applied. Although this has not caused an accident driving the car yet, I am very concerned about the potential safety hazards this could cause. If the car is stopped on a hill and the driver lets off the brake/accelerator, despite any action of the driver, the car may roll downhill and hit a car behind it. Additionally, parallel parking is very difficult because the transmission remains in neutral for that 1 second, and even on a slight hill the car will roll. I took the car in to my Ford dealership to alert them of this problem, and they told me that is normal functioning of the transmission. I have never driven a car that, when in drive, rolled backwards while I was on a hill. If this is supposed to be normal functioning of the transmission, then the transmission has a faulty design. I am concerned about the hazards this transmission may cause, since if a car is close behind me while I am parked on a hill, my car may roll back and hit it outside of my control. In a typical manual transmission car, the driver is able to control this rolling with the clutch and brake. Because this is an automatic transmission, the driver is not able to control the rolling.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Oct 012012

Fiesta 4-cyl

High pitch noise/squeelwhen clutch is used from a cold start for the first few miles. This will be the second replacment in two months.

- Hillsboro, OR, USA

Oct 242012

Fiesta 4-cyl

October 24, 2012 I was driving to work. I accelerated very gingerly (the powershift is effectively two three speed manuals so you can't just jab it) to pass. The car geared into a lower gear as expected and the engine RPM's spiked as expected. The light at the intersection was turning red so I braked easily to bring the car to a stop. At this point the car was holding the lower gear and revving out of control. I was able to stop the car (as it was trying to overpower the brakes) and place it into neutral which stopped the problem. The car then died and would not restart for approximately 5 minutes. I restarted the car. As I was getting off the interstate, I was merging into traffic the transmission geared down again. The problem repeated. I tried placing the car in neutral again, however, this did nothing. I cut the car off completely at 50 mph. My steering got really heavy. I used the brakes and the emergency brake to slow the car and strong arm the wheel to the side of the road. The transmission is junk and the dealership is replacing many parts including a couple clutches (it only has two I believe) and some other internals. This car is not safe. It accelerated out of control and would not respond to commands from the gear selector. I powered off the car to avoid further damage or accident.

- Marshville, NC, USA

Jul 292012

Fiesta 4-cyl

This is a brand new car, purchased at fuller Ford in cincinnati Ohio, two days in my possession, the transmission locked up and starting burning, the car would not move at all, in the middle of the road, this could have caused a serious accident or even deaths, Ford knows about these transmissions being bad and should not be selling these cars. Now they think I should keep driving it and breaking down until the lemon law can be enacted, I am not driving this car at all, ever again. It is dangerous, other people have bought these and had the same type of problems. I called Ford credit and told them to cancel the loan, I will not pay a penny for this car!

- Covington, KY, USA

Mar 052012

Fiesta 4-cyl

When the brake is released while in drive the car rolls backward at times. Ford service explained that it is due to the double clutch transmisson. The driver has 3 seconds to press the accelerator before the brake releases.

- Clarksburg, NJ, USA