4.1

2012 Ford Fiesta engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Fiesta:

2012 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Apr 232013

Fiesta

I purchased the car in March of 2013 from the first week I owned the car I have complained that the car: Shudders and gurgles at take off with no power what so ever, going up a steep hill has no power at all the car gurgles and then once it catches the car lunges forward very fast, when breaking there is a loud noise and the car shudder, the RPM's rev high at take off. 1st appointment I was told it was a new transmission system and it had to learn the way I depress the gas. 2nd, 3rd, 4th appointment same thing....5th appointment…clutch reset to re-learn the shifting patterns.....6th appointment - clutch replaced. Called to ask what to do because it's not fixed. I was advised to call Ford customer care that maybe they would give me a loaner car so the dealer could keep the car longer....6/22/15 - I called Ford customer relations I was advised to bring it back to the dealership and call Ford customer care back to let them know what the diagnosis was...6/30/15 - the clutch was reset to re-learn the shifting patterns, and was advised there is nothing wrong with my breaks...6/30/15 - called Ford customer care with the diagnosis, was advised that the dealership is doing the steps to repair this issue per Ford. Asked to speak with a supervisor...7/2/15 - supervisor called, informed me that I did not qualify for the buy back program, that the dealership is doing exactly what Ford is telling them to do and that I can buy a new car and mention the customer loyalty Ford Fiesta program to receive money towards my new purchase. I asked to speak with someone higher up; she advised me that she would have someone call me but that they are going to tell me the exact same thing...7/6/15 - waiting on a call

- Seymour, CT, USA

Aug 182011

Fiesta

Check engine light comes on and car accelerates very slowly, as if taking off in second gear. As you accelerate the car shudders like it is going to die. First incident happened within 6 months of purchase. After turning car off and letting sit for a few hours problem will go away. Brought car into dealership, couldn't find anything wrong. Car was purchased in 2011, has happened 4 separate times since purchase date.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Jun 102015

Fiesta

At at stop light making a left turn the car failed to accelerate. I hit the gas and nothing happened. The car was still running but did not move. I had to turn the car off and restart it. Twice. The same thing happened on the highway about 15 minutes later after traffic came to a stop. The car has a voluntary recall to fix the trans but the parts are not available. I have been waiting over 2 months for the parts.

- Mason, OH, USA

Mar 122014

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Fiesta. While accelerating after being at a stop, the vehicle shook. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the technician was unable to determine a failure. No repairs were made to the vehicle. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 15,000.

- Marlborough, NH, USA

Apr 152015

Fiesta

Since I bought this car in Dec 2012 I've had this problem, it's now 2015 still the problem is not fixed. So far this is my 3 recall letter I'm receiving for my vehicle. Recall 14M01, recall 12C26 and now recall 14M02. And through this website I found out there's a recall about airbags? while in low speed the car jerks, stalls, it makes a rattling noise, and sometimes when I park it turns off. I commute everyday to la so I'm stuck in traffic most of the time, so I'm the car shaking when it's time to merge. I've gone to Ford dealership 3 times already to try to get this fixed, but still no luck. It will be ok for the 1st day but it just goes back to the same shaky car. I don't know what else to do. Now I'm going back to with this 14M02 letter to try to get this problem hopefully fixed.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Apr 012015

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Fiesta. The contact stated that the check engine light and the power steering light illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the battery needed to be replaced. The technician reset the system and the steering resumed normal operation. The failure mileage was 100,793.

- Sumner, IA, USA

Feb 162015

Fiesta 4-cyl

Transmission sputters on take off shaking car and slipping on incline, also transmission slips on cruise control at 70mph. Dealer refused to give rental for this even though we have an extended warranty. Also told that they will only reset computer and the problem will never go away completely. In other words Ford has no permanent fix for this problem and should be held accountable for still selling these autos knowing it has a serious transmission problem and not disclosing it to the consumer. The consumer is being ripped off. When will someone demand they recall these autos"???"

- Ocean Springs, MS, USA

Jul 212014

Fiesta 4-cyl

The vehicle had an abnormal idle while at a stop, and would sometimes stall. Upon acceleration the vehicle would hesitate and jerk forward. I took the vehicle to the dealership to rectify the issue. I was told that the mechanic cleared the code for the check engine light, but the internal wiring harness needed to be replaced, on a car that was a little over 2 years old. The internal wiring harness was not covered under any type of warranty. The repair was completed at a cost to me of $245.99. Less than 2 months later, the vehicle was having the same issues, abnormal idle, stalling, and hesitant and jerky accelerating. Again, I took the car back to the dealership for repair. This time the dealership replaced the transmission and clutch front seals, input seals, and axles seals, changed transmission fluid, added 2 quarts of transmission dual clutch transmission fluid. This repair was covered under the Ford 5 year, 60,000 mile power train warranty. About 5 weeks later I was still having the same issues, abnormal idle, hesitant and jerky acceleration. Again, I took my car to the dealership. This time I was told that the throttle body was bad and needed to be replaced. With no choice, I need to get to work, I told them to go ahead with the repair which once again was not covered under any type of warranty. The total for this repair cost me $720.26. In less than 3 years I have had to go to the dealership for major repairs 3 times and spent just under $1,000, plus the inconvenience of rental cars, days off of work, and the general annoyance of knowing my new vehicle has major mechanical issues.

- San Jacinto, CA, USA

Feb 122013

Fiesta 4-cyl

Major issues with the transmission system, including rolling backwards after coming to a stop, hesitating when shifting, clunking and chattering when shifting, responding slowly when accelerating, feeling like the transmission is searching for the correct gear but cannot find it, and the RPM spikes and drop when shifting. Two software updates for the transmission and two replacements of the clutch have been made within the last 1 and a half.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jan 052015

Fiesta 4-cyl

After 13 days of owning the car, the car began to make grinding noises and would shudder when shifting in low gears. The noise and shuddering was so bad that I was afraid to drive the car. Took to dealership and clutch is needing replacement. According to www, this is a very common problem and often progresses to the car suddenly accelerating. This is a dangerous issue and should be treated as such. I find it appalling there has yet to be a recall...

- Pflugerville, TX, USA

Aug 202013

Fiesta

Car started grinding, crunching, and shaking, and had difficulty turning, accelerating, and going up hills. Car was brought to a Ford dealership and mechanics were told by owner that there was a transmission problem. Mechanics reset transmission, but did no further work. Car continued to make noises, shutter, and jolt. Was brought to another Ford dealership on December 2014 when car was sputtering at stops. Mechanics replaced entire transmission when 23000 miles only.

- Bloomington, IN, USA

Mar 282013

Fiesta 4-cyl

Car started to jerk while trying to accelerate. And car started to turn off at red lights. And need to be started up again to get going.

- Indio, CA, USA

May 012012

Fiesta

I bought my 2012 on May 1 2012, and at 101 mileage it was in for battery light on, then 08/20/12 back in for engine light and again 08/23/2012 and again12/21/2012 and again on 01/09/2013 I have always told them at time of service that the car acts funny going up a hill even a small one and they tell me its fine its just the way the runs. Well I've had the engine light on a lot over the last 6 months but since they always make it sound like its me. Of course when I get it in the lights off. But I've taken pics with the light on.

- Lakeside, CA, USA

Mar 272014

Fiesta 4-cyl

Vehicle shutters, grinds, rattles, and jumps when vehicle reaches 20 mph or higher. I have brought it to the dealer several times...they claim its "normal". it is the transmission which is causing all the problems. Ford has verified it but basically told me to "turn up the radio and ignore it". the grinding is loud and sometimes when attempting to accelerate the vehicle will hesitate then the rpms will jump very high almost to 6000 before the vehicle speed increases. This car is a death machine on the highway. I am scared that it will cause an accident because I am not able to accelerate without issues or without the transmission jumping around all over the place. This vehicle needs to be recalled before people die.

- Fort Carson, CO, USA

Apr 012013

Fiesta

TL- the contact owns a 2012 Ford Fiesta. The contact stated that when accelerating the vehicle severely shakes. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the technician observed the vehicle and was unable to diagnose a failure. The manufacture was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 500 miles and the current mileage was 27,242 miles.

- Billings, MT, USA

Jan 262014

Fiesta 4-cyl

After 6 months I started having vibration/ transmission slippage issues. I took it back to the dealer and they fix the transmission fluid leak. Six months later the problem persists. The car was repair 3 times for the same defect. Now is 20,120 miles still have the same problem, and the dealership where I bought it don't want to repair it anymore.

- Manati, PR, USA

Apr 022012

Fiesta

As I accelerated, the gears began making a grinding noise. This cause the entire vehicle to vibrate and shake uncontrollably. This occurs 80% of the time when I press on the accelerator and start accelerating. Also, when I try to drive the vehicle at slower speeds between 30-45 mph, the gears grind constantly and the vehicle will sometimes vibrate uncontrollably. When I first got the vehicle, it was very minimal vibration and/or gear grinding. I have had the vehicle almost 2 years now and it now has 40K miles on it. The grinding noise is now very very loud and the vehicle shakes even worse than before when accelerating. If I had the rate the vibrations/shaking of the vehicle out of 10, I would rate it a 9. when I first took it to the dealer I bought it from back in April 2012, I was told that this was the way the vehicle drives because of the type of engine/transmission. I was told the vehicle has a manual transmission and the gears are shifted by a computer. So, I took their statement at face value. Now, after owning the vehicle for almost 2 years, I have been doing a lot of research and finding that several other owners are experiencing this problem. This, I believe, is definitely a safety issue because the vehicle is not performing properly and it vibrates so strongly that the entire vehicle shakes and in my opinion, this could cause loss of control of the vehicle.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Dec 032012

Fiesta

Its rolls backwards, again as previously stated it has definite transmission issues. Sometimes it won't shift very well at all. Hesitating and feels like it will stall at any minute. Hills are the worst, very hard to get up them. Not only does it spit and sputter shifting up but you can also hear the clunking of the transmission when it shifts down.

- Bridgeport, OH, USA

Sep 012012

Fiesta 4-cyl

Feels like it strains as it shifts, feels like something in the transmission is not right. I am made to feel like its nothing and I know it is. I barely drive it over 25 miles per hour unless I go off the island and ofcourse there have been tire issues, kumho solus tires, tire size 185/60/15. I nearly had a deadly crash with a semi. I have filed a complaint about that also. The sync system seems to mess up alot also and gets worse with time.

- Chincoteague, VA, USA

Sep 282012

Fiesta 4-cyl

I purchased my "new" vehicle in August 2012 and very soon there after I heard a rattling noise in the front of the car. The dealership made a date for me to bring the car in. They stated that they were not able to hear the noise but that Ford was aware of the problem because other people have had the problem. Close to my second oil change date I brought my vehicle in and asked if they would again try to hear the noise because it drives me crazy. They again stated that they did not hear the noise and that Ford is aware there is a problem. On my 10,000 check up I again asked that the service person check out the noise well apparently by this time Ford had figured out that there was a shield in the transmission that needs to be sealed. On May 16th I was told the part would be at the service station in a couple of days. Today is the 30th no call and no part and now I am told the end of June. I am moving out of state and need to drive my rattling broken down transmission 2,000 miles in my what was supposed to be a brand new car. August will be a year. It is not fair I still pay my loan for my broken down piece of junk.

- Granby, CT, USA