4.3

2012 Ford Fiesta engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Fiesta:

2012 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Aug 032013

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Fiesta. The contact stated that while driving approximately 15 mph in a parking garage, the vehicle suddenly accelerated forward independently. The contact managed to avoid crashing into a person and a wall. The problem recurred multiple times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 11,000.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Oct 232011

Fiesta 4-cyl

This car is a 2012 Ford Fiesta. I first started noticing problems before I even hit 15,000 miles on it. The car shudders and jumps with acceleration and turning. I have gone in numerous times to have it fixed and the problem is never fixed. There have also been numerous times when the car hesitates when I need to make a speedy decision putting me in danger because the car doesn't react the way its supposed to. Now my engine over heated and I have no idea how that happened. I cannot believe this is happening to my 2 year old car. I am seriously thinking of just trying to sell it and get a new car. Something needs to be done about this make and model. I think the entire line should be recalled and people should get there money back.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jan 282013

Fiesta

I bought this car brand new in July of 2012 and I have had nothing but problems with it. The main issue being the horrible transmission. The car sputters and shakes upon take off; the rpms rev up very high and yet the care goes nowhere; the car sounds like it needs to shift into the next gear, but doesn't; there is a huge delay when you step on the gas, the car sits there before it actually goes anywhere; the car lunges forward when you are in situations like stop and go traffic. I have taken my car into two separate dealers and the car has had 3 clutches so far. The newest problem with the car is a horrible squealing coming from the brakes. I've had two new sets of brakes and a deglazing of the brakes, only to have the problem still exist. I've taken this car in for a total of 6 times for the transmission and this week will be the 4th time for the brakes. These cars are a road hazard and should be recalled immediately. I have filed a complaint with Ford Motor Company and the BBB auto line. Ford should be ashamed of themselves for knowing about these issues and not doing anything about it. People's lives are at risk in these cars and they obviously don't care. I wonder how many people will have to die or get injured before Ford decides to admit they sold a horrible product and that it needs to be recalled.

- La Mesa, CA, USA

Mar 012013

Fiesta 4-cyl

Car (Ford Fiesta 2012 purchased in May 2012) regularly stalls, jerks and shakes when accelerating and causes car not to move as quickly. Car moves slower when it stalls, jerks and shakes. Driver cannot gauge when stalling will occur and when car will move slower. This is a safety concern because if in a situation where the driver needs to accelerate to get out of the way quickly, car may or may not move as expected and may not be able to get out of the way to avoid another vehicle which could result in an accident. Car has been taken to the dealer twice (3/27/13 and 12/21/13 for this transmission issue and it continues to occur. Repair receipts state that the cause is leaking seals from clutch housing area. They have removed transmission replaced inner and outer input shaft seals, cleaned clutch and reassembled. Despite their efforts we continue to have this problem with the vehicle.

- Granada Hills, CA, USA

Jul 212007

Fiesta 4-cyl

Error codes trip for peddle error. 2nd incident accelerator pulled to full throttle in mid shift while entering freeway and I used my foot to pull it free. 3rd incident on freeway car was at 65 mph and lost all power. I could not drive above 10 mph. An ambulance got behind us to escort us off the freeway. Car is currently at dealer for repair. A message was left that its the accelerator peddle that's the problem and Ford is sending out a new one.

- Sacramento , CA, USA

Feb 282012

Fiesta

While driving the vehicle, driver was entering the freeway, the vehicle shifted through all the gears rapidly leaving the vehicle moving at ~40 - 45mph and not speeding up. The acceleration pedal was to the floor and the care didn't increase in speed and was almost rear ended because all other drivers on the road way were moving at ~60mph. The driver then let off the accelerator and pressed down again the vehicle then revved real high then shifted very hard and shook throwing the passengers forward and back causing a whip-lash type of movement among passengers. The vehicle often grinds while shifting and decelerating. Owner took the vehicle to dealership and the service department hours later called to report the vehicle is driving as expected and no issues with the vehicle and that the grinding gears was expected.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Sep 142011

Fiesta 4-cyl

I recently purchased a brand new Ford Fiesta 2012, in the first week on using the car I stared to hear a loud sound and shaking movement when the car change speeds, I have taken the car to the dealership I purchased it from. It has been the worse experience with the Ford. I just received the same response, the noise is normal and there is no problem on the car, I just failed for the lemon law here in Florida to see if it will make any changes. I do not and I will not accept to lose my money and my time for a company that do not respect there costumers shame on you Ford.....

- Miami , FL, USA