2012 Ford Fiesta miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Fiesta:

2012 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Oct 222014

Fiesta

I purchased a Ford Fiesta 2012 a month ago, and have had transmission slippage since. At regular in town speeds, the Fiesta slips gears sometimes causing the car to roll backwards. Recently I was in bumper to bumper traffic and almost hit a car in front of me because the car jerked so much not knowing what gear it should be in. My car jolted back and forth. I then took the car back to the dealership where it was then taken to Ford and the computer for the transmission was reset, they told me to drive the car 1000 miles and to bring it back if not fixed. The car was still doing the same thing on day 1 of return, this car is not safe to me or other people on the road, especially if you are stuck in a lot of traffic. The car also makes grinding noises along with a lot of vibration. Nobody should be required to drive this car 1000 miles more just to have to bring it back. It's not safe, and I don't feel comfortable driving it.

- Niceville, FL, USA

Oct 222014

- Niceville, FL, USA

Sep 202014

Fiesta 4-cyl

I was loading up to return home and went to close the right rear door and it would not latch closed. I ultimately had to tie it closed. Definitely not a safe condition especially if I was going down the road and the door opened by itself.

- Maricopa, AZ, USA

Jun 222014

Fiesta 4-cyl

Parked the car at night with all doors closed and locked. Went out to the car the next morning and the front passenger door looked ajar but was actually unlocked and the latch no longer functioned. I initially thought maybe someone had broken in but upon further inspection, the plastic door latch would not lock anymore. I used some rope to tie the interior pull handle to the other doors to keep them closed, drove to a dealer, and had the latch replaced under warranty. I had just completed a 2,000+ mile roadtrip days earlier and am lucky this happened in the parking lot of my home with the car parked.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Aug 032014

Fiesta

My mother (83 yo) was riding in the front passenger seat and as she was getting out of the car she closed the door and it bounced back and hit her on her left hip. What happened is that the door latch broke because the part that latches is made of plastic and we have been having some hot weather these days. I guess the plastic must have got too hot one too many times and it gave out and bent or broke. As she closed the door with her left hand she proceeded to walk to the front of the car and this is when the door hit her and/or got in the way as she started to walk to the front of car. My mother was in pain for about a couple weeks or so. This could have been a worse accident if my mother had been a younger person and moving much faster. Anyway, these door latches should be made of steel so they don't break so easily. Please look into it because these latches should be recalled. This is the second latch that has broken in my car. These latches are getting brittle with age and unfortunately my car is a dark colored one, which as you may well know, it attracts a lot of heat from the sun. Furthermore, I would like to add that this could be another safety issue if someone is trying to break into the car, if the latch is brittle enough, a good hard pull can break it and what if the driver is still in the car and the person breaking in wants to harm or rob her/him. Stop putting plastic latches in cars doors. Ford is making a mint selling these latches for $183 dollars each and this is not to mention the installation.

- Raymondville, TX, USA

Feb 292012

Fiesta

Ford sync module stopped working and when you prompt the system to go into mobile apps sync responds "no mobile apps found." Took to Ford dealer and after days of troubleshooting got the module replaced. 2 days later it failed again. Its not my phone. Phone works just fine in exact same vehicle on lot.

- Falls City, OR, USA