2012 Ford Fiesta miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Fiesta:

2012 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Aug 232016

I was driving on hyw 301 and water coolant light came on. I stopped a few feet at first station. Water was pouring out my radiator. I got a tow and tow truck driver said mine was third car in a week this happened to in statesboro ga area. Plastic fan broke went thru radiator and blowed the head gasket. Repair man said problaly in 3 seconds flat. Two weeks before had oil changes and day of emergency checked all water and oil before leaving home. I am a widow and this is gone cost me around 2,000 and I am in bankruptcy. I just wonder if this is a recall or should bed. My warranty is out but I only have 66,000 miles on my car and thought it was last lots more years. Is there anything you can do to help me. I really love my car but its already had a transmission recall and lock recall which I was fixing to get fixed. Transmission has been fixed and I get 32 miles to gallon in gas which is terrific. Please just check is this needs to be a recall and let my mechanic know at southside automotive in jesup ga and his number is 912-427-9653. I really feel Ford motor should recall on this and my car should be paid for so your business will be what its suppose to be a good american business that does whats right.

- Jesup, GA, USA

Aug 242016

Vehicle was stuck in park and could not be shifted into other gears. This occurred after driving the vehicle and shifting into park. Once in park it could not be shifted to any other gear. The car could be started and turned off while in park. All other aspects of the vehicle seemed to be okay. Could be an issue with the interlock mechanism, but needed a new shifter assembly.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Aug 212016

Car slows down then shuts off without warning. Car is able to restart after. Other times vehicle accelarates emergency brake had to be applied to stop vehicle then shuts off. Car restarts after. Took it to Ford and they repaired the mass air flow sensor to resolve the problem. Vehicle continues to shut off after repair.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jul 312016

As I started my day driving to work my cars engine light started blinking and it drove with resistance. I immediately pulled over and shut it off. I waited a few minutes and drove it back home which was less than a mile away. I then had it towed the next day. The dealership contacted me asking what the problem was and I told them the engine light was blinking and that he should be telling me what the problem is he went on to tell me that my car was dead no power at all so there was no way to get a diagnostic reading. Which I learned is untrue. After changing my spark plugs and drive belt my fan stops working and problem still not solved. A code is now coming up that they have no clue what it means. I contacted the dealership spoke to a manager and five minutes later my cars good to go. I arrived to pick up my vehicle and finally drive it home but that was not the case the car was not driving right at all I turned around and turned the keys over and spoke to the director of service who was going to get with his mechanics and get to the bottom of the issue. No call back the next day as he mentioned nor for the remainder of yet another week of no car. I am now going on my third week of no car and my kids start school soon my husbands driving me to work and from work and Ford has yet to do anything not even communicate with me on what's going on.

- Devine, TX, USA

Jul 182016

I received a letter about a recall on Ford Fiesta door latches in June 2015, stating that more information would be send when sufficient parts for replacement were sent to all Ford dealerships and that if I experienced a problem that I should report to a dealership immediately. Soon after receiving that letter my back passenger door would not close. I went to capital Ford in raleigh nc to have the latch repaired. I was told that because the recall was not "official" and the dealership had not received a shipment of replacement door latched from Ford that only the broken door latch would be replaced at no charge, but that when the parts were sent and the recall was "official" that the remaining door latches would be replaced at no charge to me. Just this week, my front passenger door now will not close. I called capital Ford again and they are telling me that I am no longer eligible under that recall because the repair has been made already. They sent me an invoice for my repair which clearly indicates that only one door was replaced. My letter from Ford Motor Company clearly states that all four door latches would be replaced when the parts were made available to the dealerships and that existing problems would be repaired. I explain to capital Ford that I should still be eligible because only one latch was replaced, but no one will return my calls. Ford Motor Company keeps referring me back to the dealership to determine why all four latches were not repaired and if I am eligible for the other three latches to be repaired (one of which is currently not functioning) and I finally decided to pay for the damaged latch to be repaired elsewhere. Still no update from capital Ford and no help from Ford Motor Company. I am driving a vehicle that is a hazard and either of the two unrepaired doors could fly open at any time and yet no one is concerned about this error

- Fuquay Varina, NC, USA

Jul 072016

Over the past several months, maybe a year, I have received several notices to contact my dealer about a safety recall of the pawl spring tab inside one or more of the side door latches. I have duly contacted the dealer, and in every case was told they would call me. I believe they have no intention of honoring the recall.

- Winston-Salem, NC, USA

Jun 302016

Trouble with transmission making the car shake, jerk buck and difficult to stop. Taken to Ford three times this year and twice in the past two weeks and the same transmission light keeps coming on which disables the entire vehicle.

- Arlington, TX, USA

Jun 212016

While driving the 2012 Ford Fiesta it is difficult to shift, has a shuddering, jerking motion, rattling sound, car jerks during shifting enough to throw you forward at times. This happens when car is in motion shifting in all gears mostly 3rd to 4th gear and when you stop. Unsafe to drive when car is shifting into gear. In previous repairs has gone backwards when at a stop. Ford is aware of the issue with the car and is now replacing clutch for the 5th time. This is the 3rd version of the clutch unable to fix and unsafe and can cause an accident. Several times have received rental car from Ford service in acton MA told unsafe to drive. Now going in for 5th clutch told safe to drive when it is not. Will not replace car only clutch due to lemon laws in MA. Has has been in shop for same issue approximately 100 days total since owed the car. Car should be recalled and replaced.

- Acton, MA, USA

Jun 202016

Car jerks and shudders uncontrollably. Lurches into intersections after coming to a stop when clutch fails to disengage. Unpredictable speed. Does not accelerate onto freeway. Jerks violently when taking foot on or off gas pedal. Dangerous and terrifying. Replacement clutch has been ordered by dealership and is backordered 3 months. They must be recalled before someone dies.

- Campbell, CA, USA

May 022016

Right side rear door will not shut. Does not latch. Car was parked and locked and when opened for a passenger to enter the door would not close.

- Commerce City, CO, USA

Apr 232016

I purchased a 2012 Ford Fiesta last weekend and noticed the day after that as I drove, the front of the car would rattle. Then I noticed when I would stop and go the car would take awhile to accelerate. I registered the car on sync (associated by Ford) and it indicated 2 items were faulty. Made an apt with Ford who was aware of the issue. On the way to drop off the car after I made a stop, I accelerated it went but then suddenly came to an almost complete stop on its own luckily then caught and accelerated, if someone had been behind me I would have been hit. Ford charged me $105 to run diagnostics then said that it had to hit 250 with the shuddering and my car was only at 180, after pushing the service guy we got him to admit he knew it had a problem but they couldn't do anything about it. This got my attention and went online and found out many people have the same issue and some have been in accidents or near accidents. Do people need to die for Ford to take action, would their CEO give this car to his children or grandchildren. I just paid all the money I had for this car I don't have money to fix it which could save my life or the life of others. This is a danger on the road. Please help! I have some docs here that can help my faulty transmission error that proves that Ford knows about it.

- Corona, CA, USA

Apr 212016

Transmission/clutch has major design flaws. We have had to have this reprgrammed twice and the clutch has been replaced twice as well. Is going back in to the dealership for the same issue, for what will now be the 4th time, to potentially have another clutch replaced. The vechicle "sputters" and jerks. This is a known issue with the transmission. This has been ongoing since purchase of the car, but most recently 4/21/2016.

- Odessa, MO, USA

Apr 022016

I purchased a 2012 Ford Fiesta automatic literally 3 days ago. After only 3 short days of driving it, it says "transmission service now", and also has shuttering in acceleration and delay in acceleration. It frightens me often when I am pulling out, turning or at a stop and go. When trying to accelerate it will shutter then receive a huge burst of speed. Which will then cause me to swerve almost losing control or will cause me to almost rear end the vehicle ahead of me.

- Garrett, IN, USA

Feb 122016

Apm control module attached to radio was explained to me by bennie at john bleakley Ford lithia springs ga.. radio was making a loud static noise would even make it with the car ignition turned off. Even setting overnight would be start making this loud noise for no reason.B ennie told me this module controled sever things on this vehicle and could possibly put me on the road side. I travel alot. This noise can not be controled by the on/ off or volume control. John bleakley replaced so called module it still does the same thing. They said that the part they put on was a bad part and would reorder another one. Still waiting 3 weeks later going on 4 for part to come in to replace. And of course I have already paid my $500 plus dollars for repair. Can you help me or advise me why its taking so long? I feel as though I have been scamed.

- Douglasville, GA, USA

Nov 012015

Ford Fiesta 2012 transmition shakes everytime I go from stop to first and second gear, it vibrates and hesitates horrible, and the dealers keep saying it is "normal" even though I test drove a new Ford Fiesta and it does not have the same issue. I really do not know what to do now. I would not be able to sell it like this, and it can not be repaired because it is "normal"!

- El Paso, TX, USA

Mar 222015

I bought my Fiesta last year in March. Since the day I got the car it has violently shaken and shuddered when pressing the gas and moving the car forward. It makes a horrible grinding noise. It's almost as if the transmission is going out but I've been told by the dealer that I bought it from that it's not the transmission and that "it's supposed to sound like that." I don't think so and after reading all of the similar complaints from other drivers, I'm starting to get frustrated. This sounds like a serious issue and I would like to see it corrected. My car had somewhat stalled several times in oncoming traffic both in the city and on the highway and I fear for my safety and fear for myself financially if this vehicle dies before it even turns 5 years old.

- Fort Wayne, IN, USA

Feb 172016

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Fiesta. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V246000 (latches/locks/linkages); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Monterey, CA, USA

Jan 182016

Recall--it may be possible for the pawl spring tab inside one or more of the side door latches to break. This condition will typically prevent the door from latching. In certain situations, where the door is able to be closed, the door may unlatch while driving, increasing the risk of injury. We had the recall repairs done our vehicle and was charged $22 toward the rental of car because repairs could not be done in half a day. The recall repairs were to be done with no charge to us but because the dealership (dick smith Ford, raytown, mo) did not cover all rental charges we had to pay $22 because they couldn't get repairs done within one day.

- Raytown, MO, USA

Sep 172015

I bought the car less than 5 months ago and have driven it 2,580 miles. The transmission and clutch are defective. It has been to the shop 3 times, they have already reprogrammed it, replaced the clutch and now they are replacing the transmission control module. The car has not shifted right from the day I bought it. It feels like it is going to "stall" when I'm in reverse (in motion), or when going from stop to go. I have been braking on numerous occasions, when it decided to upshift, lurching the vehicle forward, once into a crosswalk, once very close to another vehicle. This is very dangerous. It never drives the same way twice. When entering traffic, it doesn't always want to shift properly, and has lack of acceleration or a delay. It shakes, hard sometimes (in motion and stationary), it feels like you are in a massage chair. It makes a weird clicking noise, at times (in motion.) other times a weird grinding noise. Today it wouldn't get out of 1st gear (in motion) and had to be towed back to the dealer. I had to call out of work and I am concerned for my safety. Car bought 7/72015 - problems have been going on until today - 12/7/2015

- Port Orange, FL, USA

Nov 082015

The rear door lacthes of my car have failed, rear pass. About a year ago and rear driver today, 11/8/2015. After opening the door, the latch fails to engage and hold on to the little metal bar mounted on the body when closing. To keep the door shut I have to tape it until I can get the latch replaced. The car was stationary.

- Shreveport, LA, USA