2012 Ford Fiesta steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Fiesta:

2012 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments

Jun 162014

My car has atransmission problem known by Ford. It shutters & stalls & is slow to change gears to the point where it could be dangerous. I am afraid that it will stall to the point where it could be rearended. It has been fixed once and needs to be again. I think it should be recalled along with thousands of others and the transmission be replaced. There is also a popping noise in the steering when I am turning. The next question asks when it happens and the answer is constantly.

- Jonesborough, TN, USA

Dec 182014

I have had multiple incidents with the transmission of my 2012 Fiesta, beginning roughly in November of 2014. The first specific incident I can recall occurred on December 18, 2014. I was driving from toledo, Ohio to the detroit, mi airport and back. I had two other passengers in my car who noticed the violent shaking/shuddering problems that my vehicle was having when trying to accelerate. The shuddering occurs at both low speeds and high speeds. The shuddering does not occur daily but roughly 4-5 days a week, causing difficulties with acceleration, breaking, and controlling the vehicle. About two months ago I was stopped at a red light at a busy intersection. When I began to accelerate my car started shaking so violently that it could not move forward any more. At that time a semi-truck was coming up behind me and had to swerve to avoid hitting me. The speed limit at this busy intersection is 40mph. At this point my car is unsafe to drive, even though I have taken it in to the dealer multiple times to fix the transmission. So far, the repairs have been unsuccessful and I am told the potential parts to fix the issue (the clutch) is on back order for a minute of 6-8 weeks. I was told to continue driving my car in the mean time, and that no one can assist me at this time, even though I have been trying to rectify this issue since January 2015. Also, the clutch is not guaranteed to fix the problem, as it is the same make as the one currently in my car.

- Toledo, OH, USA

Apr 012015

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Fiesta. The contact stated that the check engine light and the power steering light illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the battery needed to be replaced. The technician reset the system and the steering resumed normal operation. The failure mileage was 100,793.

- Sumner, IA, USA

Jun 012014

Fiesta 4-cyl

I have bought my car in 2014 January for a good mileage and stylish look.the vehicle perform well for couple months. Later, I have brought my car to the Ford service in 2014 July with a complain of transmission and safety. Since then I have been in and out of the dealership with automatic transmission problems. My Fiesta now has 43K miles and has been to the dealer 2 times for transmission work if I would have time I would definitely bring my car to the service more. It is very unsafe. The last two visits have resulted in major repairs in an attempt to fix the problem and still the problem persists. The transmission shudders, hesitates, and lurches in stop and go traffic or when slowing then starting up again such as at a stop light or stop sign.again it is very unsafe to drive this car I am going to claim a lawsuit against them.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Nov 052014

Fiesta 4-cyl

Key would not turn the ignition switch. The tow truck driver could not get the key to turn the ignition, he also could not get the brake-shift interlock override to work and could not get the car out of park. Ended up damaging the front bumper trying to hook-up to the front from the side and eventually towed it from behind with dollies. The ignition switch had to be replaced, the brake-shift interlock override still does not function.

- Muskegon, MI, USA

Apr 012013

TL- the contact owns a 2012 Ford Fiesta. The contact stated that when accelerating the vehicle severely shakes. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the technician observed the vehicle and was unable to diagnose a failure. The manufacture was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 500 miles and the current mileage was 27,242 miles.

- Billings, MT, USA

Jun 182012

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Fiesta. The contact was driving approximately 35 mph when the vehicle began to shake abnormally. The steering wheel vibrated and would steer the vehicle into the opposite direction upon turning. The steering wheel also seized for a brief moment. There was an illumination of the traction control on and traction control off warning indicators. The failure recurred four times. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer for diagnosis where the technician detected a trouble code within the steering angle sensor module however, they were unable to determine the cause of failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 6,000.

- Lessburg , VA, USA