2013 Ford Fiesta engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Fiesta:

2013 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Sep 012014

Fiesta

Transmission shudders while accelerating, it feels as though car will not move forward without sputtering. Initially car drifted backward while stopped on a decline. Transmission was supposedly repaired, had more problems after repairs, had to replace two front tires, noise came from front tires and dashboard vibrated. Now transmission is sputtering again while accelerating

- Waldorf, MD, USA

Aug 082016

Fiesta

When I take off from a stop the engine chugs, jerks, chatters, and grinds.

- Glenpool, OK, USA

Jun 052016

Fiesta

This car has been a nightmare. I complained about transmission and catalytic converter. I now notice that the fuel is not getting the an mount. I M averaging 20 to 25 miles even though it says 33. I see it jumps. I called they said plugs don't have to change until 40000 miles. The milage is moving even though I am driving in a 10 mile radius.

- Cortlandt, NY, USA

May 032016

Fiesta

Car works fine and then sputters and comes almost to a stop. States that I need a new throttle body. The car has been doing this since purchase and the dealership claims they never can find a problem. Now it has been determined that it is the throttle body.

- Winston Salem, NC, USA

Apr 112016

Fiesta

While driving on the highway the power train/engine malfunction warning light (wrench shaped) warning light came on and remained on until I parked and turned off the car. At the end of the work day I started the car and the warning light was not on. I took the car to a Ford service center and was told wires had melted together and needed to be replaced. The reason I was given by the service center is:" Test drive - check engine light on, no symptoms detected. Ids test PCM koeo-pass. Cont - P2138 (app sensor correlation error), koer-pass, per tsb 13-11-15, bypass circuits LE136, LE137, and RE137 at connector C210, pins 1, 8, and 9 respectively, switch app sensor connector pins 1 and 2."

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Apr 152016

Fiesta

Continued transmission problems; jerks, clutch studders; scared to cross intersections because car will stop or jerk; transmission malfunction; seat belts not locking properly; taken car to the dealership more than 4 times due to the same problem (transmission malfunction)

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Dec 192013

Fiesta

Makes noise while driving between 30-50 ml/H from day one. Many times, from stationary to move, it will suddenly jump, accelerate, hard to control. Has known transmission problem and sometime will not start.

- Gladstone, MO, USA

Apr 072016

Fiesta

My 2013 Ford Fiesta shudders and or bucks upon acceleration. Moving forward through intersections is incredibly dangerous due to the uncertainty of the transmission. My 2013 Fiesta has had the transmission worked on by way of a Ford dealership and parts replaced. I worry every time I drive my car that it may be the one time I don't make it through an intersection. I would not ever purchase another Ford vehicle again. The last time I had problems with shuddering the dealership had tested my car and the shuddering was within guidelines of passing under the Ford tests. This is unacceptable! I cannot believe that I have to continue to pay for a car that could essentially be a death trap and considered unsafe.

- Prospect, CT, USA

Apr 042016

Fiesta

On-going issue w/ chugging, gringin and jerking-front derivers side of car. Started in 2014- told dealership steven Ford(patchogue, NY) they stated no issue. Noise got repeadetly worse over time. Had Missouri dealership look at when I foundout there was recall on the transmission- stated reset computer all repaired. Came back to NY with extended issue took to tower Ford (great neck, NY) kept for a week stating they had to diagnosis w/ 260 fee. Was then told it was a part in the transmission - not covered under warranty and will cost $ $5,000 to fix. Was told I could drive off lot-took to outside garage in glen oaks, NY where they informed me I had a hole in my transmission that by looking at could have been noted w/ no diagnostic needed. Tower charged me for the 260 diagnostic and sent me on my way. Ford corporate had been notified of all issues and refuses to help. I am 8 months pregnant- drove this car across the country and no one connected to Ford wants to help- it is a 2013! tower Ford told glenoaks garage that we did this to the transmission when we drove it 6 miles from one location to the other. This car has been a danger to drive and no one advised me of this extensive transmission issue!

- Glen Oaks, NY, USA

Sep 222015

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Fiesta. While driving 15 mph, the vehicle shook violently without warning and the engine stalled without warning. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the clutch failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was approximately 18,000.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Feb 052016

Fiesta

The car jerks, grinds and shakes as the car starts to pick up speed. What happens all the time

- Woodbridge, VA, USA

Dec 202014

Fiesta

There is a problem with the transmission. After driving 10 miles or so there is a crunch noise when accelerating. Do not feel comfortable driving. I have went to the dealership and they stated there isn't a part available for the problem. It has gotten worse over the past 13 months.

- Fayetteville, AR, USA

Dec 262015

Fiesta

Ford Fiesta (automatic transmission) has a transmission shutter with initial takeoff, and when shifting gears.

- Provo, UT, USA

Sep 012015

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Fiesta. The contact stated that while driving at 40 mph, the service engine warning light illuminated intermittently. In addition, the transmission hesitated. The contact also stated that while driving, the door popped open without warning and could not be closed. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the door latches needed to be replaced and the transmission needed to be repaired. In addition, there was a manufacturers recall on the engine warning light. The vehicle was not repaired for the failures due to the parts not being available. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 32,000.

- Plantation, FL, USA

Fiesta

I the car shook really bad, would not go up a hill or going from stop to start the car would stall. The dealership was called and nothing was done until last year. The car shook and was still stalling. This year there was an even bigger issue with the car and they removed the entire computer from the car. Now there is no issue but I wish they would fix this issue because as of today I will never purchase another Ford vehicle.

Jan 012014

Fiesta

After driving up a steep hill several times, the shift change became rough, and the car often shuddered when accelerating at a low speed like a poorly driven stick shift vehicle. The clutch was replaced once, but the same problem occurred after driving about 10,000 miles after the clutch was replaced.

- Eugene, OR, USA

Dec 152013

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Fiesta. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 5 mph, the vehicle vibrated. The vehicle was making an abnormal noise coming from the transmission. The failure was recurring. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was repaired under a manufacturers recall but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 12,000.

- Higganun, CT, USA

May 152015

Fiesta

The car stotters and I get a shutter noise between 10and30mph. It scares me to death that it is going to stop. I have had 4fords before, never new and very high mileage and never had this problem. For a new car it absolutely causes me much anquish. I have had it checked twice. I only have 8,280 miles on it and bought it brand new may, 2013. I am 75 and expected this car to last at least 10 years. What can you do?

- South Bend, IN, USA