2013 Ford Fiesta miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Fiesta:

2013 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Aug 252015

Fiesta

The door latch of the back passenger door malfunctioned and would not latch/close the back seat door. The latch was determined to uncorrectable and the door was unable to completely close. Houston's Ford helfman provided information that the malfunction was recall, but the current recall was not released publicly. When contacting houston's helfman Ford dealership they proved to be rude and very difficult to provide quality information on correcting their manufacture's malfunctioning part. The vehicle is currently in their shop, however the status of resolving the issue was unknown by the end of the day. A formal complaint was made then about a half hour later the service manager called and apologized for his team's unprofessional and rudeness. Additionally, he stated he will escalate the issue to get it resolved or begin the inspection process. The point of this complaint is the fact that we were fortunate to discover this malfunction in the drive way. If we were driving with passengers - young children, canines, or elderly - in the back seat and the problem was discovered at 60 mph on a highway then this could have been a tragic failure.

- Houston, TX, USA

Aug 102015

Fiesta

While taking the baby to visit the grand parents, we arrived there and taking the baby out of the car the passenger rear door popped open and would not latch. We had to tie the door closed. The car is not safe to drive in this condition, rely on ropes and bungee cords to keep the door closed. It offers no protection in the event of a crash. This condition should be reported to the car owners now, they should have to wait for doors on the vehicle to pop open to find out they have a problem with the car.

- San Leon, TX, USA

Jul 252015

Fiesta

While driving on the freeway, my passenger door suddenly swung wide opened. I had to pull over and then hold the door all the way to dealership. The dealer said they will fix the passenger door only since they were not allowed to fix the rest of the doors even though all 4 doors are in recall. My car have been with the dealer for the past two weeks since there is no part to fix my door latch. Its very unsafe to drive this car and Ford do not care about it.

- Suwanee, GA, USA

Jul 302015

Fiesta

When accelerating the Fiesta lurches and then goes forward. The air conditioning pumps out cool air and then hot air off and on. The lurching issue has not been repaired and this is the fourth visit.

- Park Ridge, IL, USA

Jul 122015

Fiesta

Rear passenger door latch failure. Ford dealer has car for two weeks with no repair. Received recall letter but will not repair due to lack of.parts. I am left with an unsafe car to Transport my child.

- Richmond, VA, USA

May 182015

Fiesta

Incident occurred 3 times. At highway speeds, with the cruise control engaged, the engine malfunction warning came on. The cruise control immediately disengages and the car slows down. This is dangerous when going up hill at highway speeds. There are no codes stored in the computer. The alarm should not flag without storing a code. Searching the internet shows this has been a problem with the Fiesta for many years. Dealers have made the same repairs several times on the same vehicle with the errors reoccurring. The primary concern is the error flagging without a code present. Ford needs to fix this poor design. In my case the cause of the error is likely a poor connection under the hood. That alone is a problem but if the system logged the error at least it would be easy to find. Many people have had their cars repaired thinking they were ok only to have it happen again. It's scary driving on the highway when the car suddenly loses power.

- Enfield, CT, USA

Jun 212015

Fiesta

As my family backed out of the driveway to go somewhere, the car started dinging like the door was open. I saw it was saying the rear passenger side door was ajar (I was sitting by that door), so I opened and tried to close the door. The door could not latch, and nothing could get it to latch. Not even locking the car would make the car latch. We obviously couldn't go anywhere in the car since the door could fly open whenever it wanted, so this is insanely crazy. This car has less than 9000 miles on it, and I can't close the door, I can't imagine what could have happened if a child were in the backseat. This is insanely dangerous. Right now, I have a bungee cord holding the door closed! I'll take it to the dealer in the morning since the service dept is closed today.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Jun 012015

Fiesta

This vehicle has been in for service four times for the same issue. The issue is the throttle pedal sensor. While driving, the vehicle will lose power and the service lights illuminate. If in cruise control, the cruise control shuts down and the vehicle loses power without warning. On the interstate, this requires an immediate action to avoid an accident. I was able to reset the car by shutting it down and restarting. The repairs only stopped the problem for 10-12K miles.

- Dearborn Heights, MI, USA

Aug 012013

Fiesta

I purchased this vehicle, a 2013 Ford Fiesta titanium hatchback on May 28, 2013. I have had numerous problems with it since I purchased it, especially with the transmission and now the catalytic converter. I just received a recall on the locking mechanisms for the doors. They could become unlocked anytime. There have been various recalls and updates to the car. However they have no parts at this point to correct the problems. The transmission has been temporarily corrected but no permanent fix. There has been a clutch on order since March 7, 2015 and the converter was diagnosed on March 27, 2015 and those are not available either. I drive about 600 miles a week and really need a dependable car. When I go to pull out into traffic the transmission bogs down so I have to give myself ample time to get out. I purchased this car with the expectations that it would give me a long repair free life. I did purchase an extended warranty but at the rate it's going the car will not make it that far. You would think that Ford would have the parts to correct the issues with this car. Either fix it or replace it. Ford is truly living up to it name. Fix or repair daily. I even called Ford customer service but they have never called me back either. My dealer has no info either. As much as I love the car itself I find myself wondering if I would ever purchase another Ford. If this is what I get for the money I paid why give them my hard earned money when they sell me a lemon. There is actually a class action lawsuit for this car. I have been hesitant to join it but I am now considering it since Ford doesn't seem to care. As for the date of the first incident and mileage I couldn't even guess. I know I had several issues within the 1st year of owning it.

- Norwalk, OH, USA

Apr 172014

Fiesta

Transmission constantly jerks, bucks, hesitates, and revs to high RPM. My nervousness begins when going from a complete stop to trying to cross four lanes of traffic. The automatic transmission hesitates, bucks, jerks, while praying I can cross the lanes of traffic without getting killed. Once the transmission kicks into 3rd and 4th gear, jerkiness stops and it behaves like a car should. April 2014, Ford service center finds a leak from bellhousing. Replaced seals. Cleaned the clutch. Sent me on my way. May 2014 - car continues to shudder and jerk. Clutch replaced. February 2015 - transmission still continues to buck, jerk, make noises. Ford service center performs reflash and relearn adaptive. Another clutch ordered. 2-4 week back order. March 2015 - Ford sends field engineer to inspect car (lemon law). Car passes all of Ford's inspections. Car continues to hesitate, jerk, and make grinding noises. May 6, 2015 - bring car to Ford service center for several recalls. Clutch finally replaced. May 18, 2015 - check engine light goes on. Fiesta goes to Ford service - catalytic converter needs to be replaced (16,300 miles) going to arbitration for lemon law this week.

- Lutz, FL, USA

May 222015

Fiesta

On Friday May 22nd 2015 at approx 4pm I took my family out for dinner and when we got to the restaurant the passanger door would not close, and it hasn't since then. I learned by researching on line that this is an effective recall. It has happened to me previously on the rear passanger door as well which is the door where my daughter child seat is, same story we went ourtfor dinner, got to the place and the door would not work. It is very frustating because when you buy a new car you expect not to have any issues for a long time. I bought this car with 700 miles on it, at 18K I had a blown engine that was replaced by the dealer (what an inconvenience), then I had the rear passanger door latch broken, right after my warranty miles (dealership wanted almost $500 for the replacement) so I got that fixed some where else. Now at 67K the other door. Being my only car I have, it makes things very complicated, to arrange moving the family every time this car breaks down its a mission impossible. If Mr. Henry Ford was alive his would be ashamed of what these people are doing with his brand. How it is possible that a car manufacturer that has existed for over 100 years cannot make things right the first time and we as consumers have to pay the consequences. They should be mandated to replace the entire car by now, not only repair the faulty equipment besides they don't know what customer service is. I wished I would've stay with my VW jetta which I owned for almost three years and never had issues, customer service was amazing, but I wanted to support the us industry, I was wrong, I had the same issues with Chevrolet. From this point on I won't by american cars anymore unless you can buy and return it for the full amount and no questions asked.

- Port Richey, FL, USA

Feb 162015

Fiesta 4-cyl

Door latch broke. No longer will keep door closed.

- Lebanon, OH, USA

Aug 182014

Fiesta

In August of 2014, the passenger rear door failed to latch. Dealer found the latch broken and replaced it. The mileage on the car was 7,040. In November of 2014, the passenger front door failed to latch. Dealer found the latch broken and replaced it. The mileage was 7,494. February 24, 2015, the driver door failed to latch, the car now has 8,300 miles on it. Will be taking it to the dealer as soon as we can get it there. This is very dangerous if it would happen while driving, especially around a motorcyclist. It could cause critical injury or death. This is extremely unsafe and neither the Ford company nor the dealer seem to know if the replacement part has been improved to prevent this from happening again.

- Woodland, CA, USA

Nov 262014

Fiesta 4-cyl

Rear passenger door was working fine then the night before thanksgiving I opened the door to retrieve something from the back of my car and when I tried to close the door the latch would not engage and the door remained open. The vehicle is inoperable in this state because the door will not stay closed.

- La Quinta, CA, USA

Sep 142014

Fiesta 4-cyl

On returning home and parking the car, we could not close the rear door. The rear door latch is not working and the car can not be driven. Today is Sunday and the dealership is not open, I need the car for transportation at 0830 on Monday.

- New Port Richey, FL, USA

Sep 022013

Fiesta 4-cyl

My car has been jerking when accelerating and coming to a stop. There is also a scratching noise when you turn. I took my car in and the following was found: Service appt. 1: computer needed to be reprogrammed service appt 2: a part of the transmission needed to be replaced service appt 3: they said they could not find anything else wrong. And the car is even worse. Now it is about ready to stall on me. After doing some research I found out there is six recalls on the car. 50 percent of my work week is spent driving in the car. In the past four weeks this has been an extreme inconvenience. This is an extreme safety hazard and the vehicles should be recalled. This not safe for the owner of the car or other people on the road. My car is going straight back to the dealership tomorrow and I am demanding a refund. This car is only 6 months old. Please recall these vehicles. This is a hazard.

- Sewell, NJ, USA

Aug 302013

Fiesta

My Ford Fiesta 2013 has been having issues with shuddering, lunging, jerking, and failing to engage gear shifts. I have been told by several Ford dealers and servicemen that I need to drive the vehicle as if it were a stickshift and hesitation between gear shifts is normal for this car. A Ford dealer hooked up a laptop and reset the vehicle to tsb 13-4-5 "intermittent transmission clutch shudder dps6 automatic transmission". the problem was not resolved, so I filed a complaint with Ford Motor Company; complaint #2989023. I was told that I need to bring the car to a dealer and they need proof that there is something wrong with the car. The service person said I need to be driving the car while faults are documented because the car has an adaptive learning program that responds to the driver's actions. I brough the car to schaumburgh Ford in Illinois. The service director test drove the car while I was in the passenger's seat. He said he did not experience any faults with the vehicle. However, there was one instance as we were returning back to the dealership, that the car shuddered. The dealer took the car for the afternoon 8/29/2013 and said he reset the car again for tsb 13-4-5 update although they were unable to provide me with a receipt of work that was done. On the morning of 8/30/2013 the car experienced overheating and burning under the hood. A service person from the schaumber Ford dealership in Illinois met to pick up the vehicle. The service person told me they would not be able to provide a rental car due to the weekend schedule. The issue is still being addressed by the dealer at this time.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jul 082013

Fiesta

First time it almost completely died on me getting on the highway, then all of the sudden it gunned it and took off. About 3 miles down the high way engine lights and service lights came on. I got to work and they towed it. They said they changed some kind of wiring under the front window and dash. That didn't fix it. The next day I was pulling out of wendy's and give it some gas and nothing happened. I rolled then all of the sudden it gunned it again. I almost got hit. Got it home and parted it. Took it in the next day and they changed the throttle body on it. It still hesitates as you go down the highway. Has very little take off and merging power. The only thing I am glad I did when I bought this car was I got a straight drive. It would have no power if it was an automatic.

- Gibsonville, NC, USA