2013 Ford Fiesta miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Fiesta:

2013 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Aug 302013

My Ford Fiesta 2013 has been having issues with shuddering, lunging, jerking, and failing to engage gear shifts. I have been told by several Ford dealers and servicemen that I need to drive the vehicle as if it were a stickshift and hesitation between gear shifts is normal for this car. A Ford dealer hooked up a laptop and reset the vehicle to tsb 13-4-5 "intermittent transmission clutch shudder dps6 automatic transmission". the problem was not resolved, so I filed a complaint with Ford Motor Company; complaint #2989023. I was told that I need to bring the car to a dealer and they need proof that there is something wrong with the car. The service person said I need to be driving the car while faults are documented because the car has an adaptive learning program that responds to the driver's actions. I brough the car to schaumburgh Ford in Illinois. The service director test drove the car while I was in the passenger's seat. He said he did not experience any faults with the vehicle. However, there was one instance as we were returning back to the dealership, that the car shuddered. The dealer took the car for the afternoon 8/29/2013 and said he reset the car again for tsb 13-4-5 update although they were unable to provide me with a receipt of work that was done. On the morning of 8/30/2013 the car experienced overheating and burning under the hood. A service person from the schaumber Ford dealership in Illinois met to pick up the vehicle. The service person told me they would not be able to provide a rental car due to the weekend schedule. The issue is still being addressed by the dealer at this time.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jul 082013

First time it almost completely died on me getting on the highway, then all of the sudden it gunned it and took off. About 3 miles down the high way engine lights and service lights came on. I got to work and they towed it. They said they changed some kind of wiring under the front window and dash. That didn't fix it. The next day I was pulling out of wendy's and give it some gas and nothing happened. I rolled then all of the sudden it gunned it again. I almost got hit. Got it home and parted it. Took it in the next day and they changed the throttle body on it. It still hesitates as you go down the highway. Has very little take off and merging power. The only thing I am glad I did when I bought this car was I got a straight drive. It would have no power if it was an automatic.

- Gibsonville, NC, USA