2013 Ford Fiesta miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Fiesta:

2013 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Nov 212016

Fiesta

Went to start my vehicle and it did not turn on at all. There is just a clicking noise, so the starter is good, however the battery was dead. I jumped started the car and was able to drive. My information screen said, "transmission malfunction please service now". the vehicle would run at 4,000 rpms before shifting when usually it's supposed and did shift at 3,500 rpms. As I would brake and be under 5mph the vehicle would lurch forward and I would have to slam my brakes in order to make a complete stop and avoid hitting the vehicle in front of me. I took it back home and haven't drove it since. Today I tried to unlock my car with my wireless key fob and the doors wouldn't unlock. My vehicle completely lost all power. On the Ford website for my specific vehicle, it shows I have field service actions. Fsa title: Transmission clutch shudder / transmission input shaft seal warranty extension. 150,000/ 10 year warranty. Fsa title: Transmission control module extended warranty coverage. I have learned the transmission control module can end up having a short and your car can shutter when it shifts and it can lose all power. This is very dangerous and should be addressed by Ford and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, before someone loses their life.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Dec 232015

Fiesta

I purchased a 2013 Ford Fiesta I purchased on December 23, 2015 at the laurel, Maryland carmax store. On Saturday, September 24th, I went to jim coleman Toyota to buy a Toyota prius. They examined my Ford for its trade-in value. The manager, who was a former carmax manager, examined the car and informed me that my Ford Fiesta has unibody damage. The rear driver's side as be replaced. The car has unibody damage was not disclosed to me when I purchased this car on December 23, 2015. I purchased the car for $14,000, which is far above the blue book value of $9,419. In March 2016, I bought the car to carmax in laurel for overheating. The heat pump was replaced for $250. Additionally, on September 15th, I paid for repairs at the carmax gaithersburg store. The repairs were for the following: 1-front passenger door latch;2-truck latch; and 3-horn I was charged $250 to repair critical safety features. While the car was in gaithersburg, the battery drained. The car door could not close, so the interior lights remained on. I reported the door latch problems on Monday, August 29th. The car was in park. My sister and I were trying to leave for church and the door would not close. However, I was not given an appointment until September 8th in gaithersburg and September 13th in laurel. That was quite a long time to wait for such a critical issue. I would have never purchased a car with unibody damage had it been disclosed. To be charged for a recall item that should have been repaired prior to purchase, is unconscionable. I am totally outraged.

- Washington, DC, USA

Aug 012016

Fiesta

My car has transmission issues. It shudders and hesitates when trying to go into gear.it has been to service well over 6 times in 2 years. I am told that this is the design of the car and I need to understand that this 6-speed automatic shifts internally different. When on the open road and it is in gear it functions ok. In town going from stop light to stop light is when the issue occurs. It hesitates in acceleration and shudders. It has failed me exiting onto a major freeway by not kicking into the proper gear. I no longer try to merge onto a freeway in this car. There is not a doubt in my mind that this car is a safety issue. There have been numerous complaints just like mine about this car. I have tried and tried to tell Ford corporation and the local dealership about these issues. I have written a letter stating my concern for my safety in this car. I have gone to the local dealership on numerous occasions and made many attempts at getting them to listen to me regarding these transmission issues. I have left there so offended by them acting like there is nothing wrong with this car when I know they know there is a problem. They put in back on me the driver that I don't know how to drive the car. I have been driving for 38 years most have been 5 speeds, I understand completely how a car is suppose to drive and for them to insinuate otherwise is insulting to me. Again this car is a safety hazard and more so than ever now, because the safety latches have malfunctioned on the passenger rear and front doors. I do not feel safe at all driving this car but I have no other options as Ford low-balled me on a trade in because they are aware of these issues.

- Bastrop, TX, USA

Jul 152016

Fiesta

The air conditioning would go out in sto and go traffic and when car off fan would continue. Coolant fan is malfunction overheated.

- Okc, OK, USA

Jun 052016

Fiesta

This car has been a nightmare. I complained about transmission and catalytic converter. I now notice that the fuel is not getting the an mount. I M averaging 20 to 25 miles even though it says 33. I see it jumps. I called they said plugs don't have to change until 40000 miles. The milage is moving even though I am driving in a 10 mile radius.

- Cortlandt, NY, USA

Apr 302015

Fiesta

The transmission has a recall on it. It has been in the shop and replaced 3X. It still is not fixed. It passes the test when its hooked up to the machine but when driven it fails and goes back to the shop. The problem apparently has something to do with Ford and how it is made. Now a engine malfunction light always comes on. The manual says that it should not be driven because it may not shift. I have almost been in countless accidents because the transmission will not shift. It does not accelerate. It jerks, shakes, and grinds. I wrote to Ford and they didn't care. Told me to take it up with the dealership. This has been nonstop since I bought it last year till now and its ongoing. I do not feel comfortable driving my child in this car. Someone needs to be held accountable.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Aug 302013

Fiesta

New transmission clutch problem. Ford sent recall. Car not safe to drive but I have been waiting since August of 2015 for recall parts as have many others car jumps shimmies and rattles like a bucket of bolts. Dangerous making left hand turns and getting up inclines especially coming from a stop. Getting nowhere with Ford Corp or dealership.

- Arroyo Grande, CA, USA

Sep 112015

Fiesta

I purchased a vehicle which came with some recalls so far I've had 3 my newest one is the transmission clutch which is very distracting and annoying as I drive I was at one point ready to give it back to the dealership I need it fixed do I can go on vacation but it seems a very long time if a wait since I heard back from the dealership this was added on as a recall but why is it I don't see it listed under yours I also got nothing on the air bag but I see it on yours and of course I knew about the latch for door I got a notification on that

- Carlisle, PA, USA

Jan 202016

Fiesta

At 18,250 miles, rear door latch failed. Door needed to be tied closed in order to travel to dealership on 09/12/14 for repair. On 9/12/15 front door latch was replaced per recall. Other doors inspected. On 1/20/15 the right front door latch failed on the car while my 17 year old daughter was driving the vehicle. In order to get home, she had to reach across the passenger seat and hold the door closed while driving. I can not for my life think of a more dangerous situation for a young driver. The car has been taken in for the latch to be replaced. The only documentation that I have are repair orders from the incidences. Please contact me if you need to have them sent to you.

- Los Altos, CA, USA

Jan 062016

Fiesta

I was unaware about the Ford Fiestas having a recall on the transmissions. My car hesitates, jerks and hard to accelerate. It is very dangerous for me when I'm driving on the highway to school and to work and also it has been at Ford service center many times for them to tell me that's just how Ford made the car and just accelerate more

- Temple Hills, MD, USA

Dec 232015

Fiesta

Over the last 2 months, the radio and instrument dashboard have been flashing intermittently and car losing power. Brought to Ford dealership but they couldn't duplicate the problem during test drive. In addition to the problems listed earlier, now the tcs off keeps on flashing even when car is idle.

- Mountain View, CA, USA

Apr 162015

Fiesta

I initally leased, and then purchased, a 2013 Ford Fiesta. I have been the only driver of the vehicle. I have had a the transmission pieces replaced once and the vehicle is back in the shop for the second time. I don't understand how there can be so many recalls related to the transmission but no recall of the car itself. It lurches forward, will not shift into gear from a complete stop or almost stopped car. I've had many near misses and feel incredibly unsafe driving the vehicle. The car only drove for a few thousand miles before the problems crept back up, possibly even worse than before.

- Petaluma, CA, USA

Nov 202015

Fiesta

Key was not in the ignition, opened car door after work in parking lot and heard loud static coming from radio/audio system (this has happened several times before but the most recent incident was the worst). Please note the incident has happened while the car was moving up the 55 miles per hour and also while the car has been parked - key not in ignition. I hear 'cracking and popping' regularly and sometimes the volume is terrifying and startling. It could actually cause an auto crash - think about driving down the road and the audio system starts blaring static at 10+ unexpectedly... my radio/cd player does not work properly and if it does work for a few minutes, I will hear loud cracking and loud popping and then the radio/cd cuts off. The car feels 'electrified' (the hair on my arms has raised). I believe it is a safety issue and after searching online, I have noticed hundreds of other individuals are writing about experiencing the same problem. Recall help much appreciated because something isn't right with the Ford cars experiencing these electrical problems. Please note while these electrical/audio static problems are going on, the sync system hasn't been fully operational either. My state does not allow driving with cellphones so an unavailable sync system is not only a pain but prevents compliance with the law.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Aug 012015

Fiesta

I bought the car in October 2014. It was a week later I noticed the issues with the transmission that I would push on the gas pedal that it would either jerk or take a second just too get the car to move. I took it in to a dealership and the dealership was terrible and said they fixed it. However when I got the car back the next day I was driving to work in sandy, Utah on state street when the transmission went out and I had to get it towed back to the dealership where they wouldn't take any ownership of the issue. They said it was a "coincidence". they fixed it and I didn't have an issue until two months later the issue started happening again with the jerking forward and feeling that it was lurching forward.

- Sandy, UT, USA

Oct 012015

Fiesta

Car is stalling and chugging at low speeds. Car does not accelerate properly and will jump/skip. This is an ongoing issue. Car was originally taken to dealership for service 09/2014 and it was determined that fluid in the clutch was leaky. Problems reemerged in 02/2015 & 04/30. Dealer determined car was running to Ford specifications. Car continues to exhibit same issues.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Oct 052015

Fiesta

The transmission has been slipping constantly. When starting from a dead stop the transmission slips preventing its from catching the first two gears. Also the passenger side door latch will not close. The door all of a sudden came open while driving. This car is unsafe.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Oct 052015

Fiesta

Ford has recalled transmission control module on my car, it has been determined a transmission clutch is needed to repair the car to prevent the car from changing gears while the car is in motion and can cause damage, harm and death. The dealership will not repair my car as required by Ford motors company as I have requested a rental car while my car in in service. I am seriously concerned if my car is not repaired the car could cause harm to me and possible death as the car does hestiate and stall while going thru intersections and at stop signs and take off.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Sep 012015

Fiesta

Loss of power..the transmission control module may experience electrical circuit failures causing loss of transmission engagement, no start, or lack of power..only been driving vehicle 6 months, it has been in shop already but they say they can't fix it unless Ford gives them permission..contacted Ford case # cas7928058..this loss of power most frequently happens at take off..stoplights, stop signs, busy intersections...

- Mayodan, NC, USA

Sep 162015

Fiesta

Rear passenger side door will not latch to stay closed causing door to swing open at any time.

- Washington, DC, USA

Jul 102015

Fiesta

The car shudders and spits at take off. Sometimes stalls both in forward and reverse when I first give it gas.

- Annapolis, MD, USA