2014 Ford Fiesta accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Fiesta:

2014 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments

Dec 312015

Fiesta 4-cyl

On 12/31/2015 while traveling in the fast lane on a busy crowded highway in the pouring rain with my windshield wipers on high, all of a sudden poof they stopped working. They would not come back on. I took it to the dealer (mizzell Ford-waynesboro, ga) on 1/04/2016 to have it repaired. One of the wires had come loose or disconnected from the harness that controls the wipers. They repaired the wire and relocated the harness. My concern is this being an extreme safety issue. I was fortunate enough to realize immediately what had happened and was in a spot where I could roll down the driver window while being soaked to pull safely off the highway. Some others that this has or will happen to may not be as fortunate resulting in a deadly accident. Thank you in advance for reviewing my concerns.

- Waynesboro, GA, USA

Jan 082015

Snow is entering through the cowl top are and melting, the water enters the blower motor and then freezes the blower motor. This makes it so my car has no heat or functional defroster. When I brought the car back to the dealership I purchased it from they stated it was a "design flaw" and "common problem." The suggestion they gave me was to keep snow and ice away from the cowl top which is unrealistic for where I live. I have driven to and from work three times this winter without heat in my car, and since there is no defroster my windows also have to be cracked open to make sure that windows do not fog.

- Liverpool, NY, USA