2014 Ford Fiesta body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Fiesta:

2014 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments

Jul 282016

Front & rear passenger side door no longer latch. I cannot drive the car. I am sure the drivers side door locks will fail soon. I am taking it to the dealership tomorrow 7/29/2016 ---. camelback Ford in phoenix Arizona. Luckily I noticed it when I got back from the supermarket today. The car is now parked in my yard. I will get it to the dealership tomorrow. My son tied the doors closed. I do not have to go on the freeway to get to camelback Ford.

Jul 222016

Door latches for passenger front, and both back doors have failed. They have came open while driving, I had to tie the back passenger and front passenger together with the seat belt. The latches are made of plastic and are completely broken. I had young children riding in this vehicle at the time. I took to Ford on 7/22/2016, and they wanted 800+ to fix the latches even though there is an open recall on them. They also let me drive my vehicle away in this condition, knowing it is unsafe. I only have 38,264 miles on this vehicle.

- Henderson, NV, USA

Jul 102016

Left rear passenger door came open while driving. Will not latch securely.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Jul 092016

Passenger front door will not latch came open while driving and won't latch

- Surprise, AZ, USA

Jun 202015

Rear passenger door swung open while making a right turn onto a residential street. Small box, about 3-5 pounds, in back seat bumped door while turning, causing it to swing open. Pulled over to close door, except latch would not "hook" door would not stay shut. I had to secure door inside car, through backseat, to tied door to keep shut.

Jul 022016

Rear driver's side door swung open when I was mid-left turn on a city street. I immediately pulled over and attempted to close door. Latch does not seem to be working, door would not close/stay closed. Door had to be tied and bungee-corded shut inside the car (through backseat). Warning alert continues going off, letting me know rear door is still open.

Mar 162016

My Ford Fiesta 2014 has a recall with the module valve. At present I took it into the shop 3 different times. 1) richmond highway 2/2014 2) 9/2015 and 3) 3/2016 at present my car has been in the shop for 10 weeks

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Jun 152016

While driving the vehicle on an on-ramp (gradual right hand turn @ approx. 45 mph) the drivers door latch failed and the door opened. The VIN was not included in the recent recall of this same problem. Ford dealership wanted to charge over $600 to repair. They "secured funds" from some Ford safety program and we were only charged $50. Less than 2 months later the rear passenger door has done the same thing and I'm being told it still isn't a recall item...

- Waddell, AZ, USA

Mar 012016

Back passanger door opened while driving and will not latch closed. Called Ford and even though there is a recall on this matter with my make model and year, my car is not included and they want over $500 to fix. On top of this my car tries to stall everytime I go to excelerate from a stop and also when it goes from 1st to 2nd gears. I was told when purchased that it was me not hitting the gas hard enough, however I do not find this is the case

- Carmichael, CA, USA

May 012015

Inside door handles broke off

- San Bernardino, CA, USA

Apr 012015

Inside door handles break off

- San Bernardino, CA, USA

Aug 132015

Front passenger door failed to close. The problem is identical to the problem described in NHTSA campaign number: 15V246000. The vehicle was manufactured on July 3, 2013, which is past the May 31, 2013 cutoff for the affected vehicles, according to Ford. Replacing the door latch assembly corrected the problem. The replaced part has a part number of ae8A-5421812......updated 12/03/15

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Jul 232015

Our daughter was in a 3 car accident. There was bridge construction and all of a sudden traffic went from moving at highway speed to stopped. Directly ahead of our daughter was a refrigerator truck. Our daughter was not able to stop quickly enough and struck the back of the refrigerator truck. The speed listed above is an estimate. No one in the other vehicles were hurt, nor did their cars sustain repairable damage. My daughter's car was stopping straight at the point of collision and struck the back of the truck square. The officer at the scene suggested she be checked out in the er. My daughter sustained soft tissues injuries and bruises. After some time with the chiropractor she should be fine. My question/concern deals with the air bag system. The driver knee airbag deployed, the steering wheel airbag did not. Is that possible" are there situations where it is appropriate for the lower bag to deploy without deploying the steering wheel air bag" the seat belt did stop her, although it left a large red mark on her shoulder. If the system worked correctly that is fine. We would like to hear from someone with expertise in this area to make sure that there is nothing faulty in her car. If needed we can supply photos to show the exact damage. The vehicle is at the dealership now for repairs, so the mileage is a good estimate. Thank-you for your help.

- Bettendorf, IA, USA

Jun 042015

The 2014 Ford Fiesta, 5 speed manual transmission, has a single power door lock button in the middle of the dashboard. In order to unlock all doors, including the trunk latch, one must lean all the way in to press the power unlock button. There is no way to unlock the trunk using a key. When doing this, the person unlocking the vehicle is left vulnerable, and is a huge safety risk, and is opposite all the safety recommendations provided by police and other safety organizations: Do not turn your back on your children (when having to lean in to unlock the back doors where the children will go) and do not lean into your car where you could be carjacked. It is dangerous, and either the company needs to purchase back the vehicles or find a way to fix the issue so the power lock is on the door (there are no buttons on the inside of the doors, either). The engineers were way off on this one.

- Florence, KY, USA