2014 Ford Fiesta drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Fiesta:

2014 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments (Page 1 of 5)

Sep 012016

Transmission module failed for the third time. Lurches, engine revs, no power, fails to go. Ford parts are on backorder for 30 days or more.

- Ruckersville, VA, USA

Aug 042016

Transmission control module has been a recall on my car since 3 months after my purchase. Everytime I take the car in to be serviced they all say the same thing "nothing is wrong" but I have my cars vehicle health reports the past years and they all say the recall is an error my car has left me on the side of the road having to be towed, also had them suggest buying a new battery after a year is ridiculous, also the fan motor on the car has been replaced 2 times and the vehicle still overheats today as we speak. I bought this car brand new and it has been a awful worry everyday driving will it overheat or is the transmission going to go today" I believe this car has been a lemon from the day I bought it. Ford has also accepted their part in the transmission by offering to extend the warranty from 36000 to 150000. They know this is a problem. Ford is having me take my car to dealers all over trying to get them to fix the transmission all of the dealers say the same thing nothing is wrong. I would like the peace of mind I deserve from my new car purchase I pay my payment every month why cant I have that peace of mind" I have to leave work everytime they want me to take the car elsewhere and I bought this car for peace of mind. Why is it no one wants to do anything about it. A lemon is a lemon and another vehicle should be offered or something this is not right. 2 years of this constant battle over what is wrong with the car, why have the vehicle health report option if you want me to ignore what it is telling me> I don't get it.

- Granbury, TX, USA

Aug 012016

The car has significant issues with the transmission, which has been res configured about four to five times. Car vibrates and has issues with accelaration. Dealers won't do anything but warranties keep getting extended by Ford. I started having the issue about six months after buying the car and it keeps happening.

- Westbury, NY, USA

Jun 132016

When I accelerate on take off my car shutters bad and I need to know what to

- Cedar Hill, TX, USA

Aug 212016

2014 Ford Fiesta 1.6L with " power shift " dual clutch 6 speed transmission purchased this vehicle in April 2016, used with 36,675 miles Ford factory certified ( CP0 ), within 1200 miles the transmission would slip and shudder up hills, dealer preformed an adaptive relearn on the tcm, corrected the problem for a short period of time. Shudder and grinding noise in reverse, then as well as in forward gears happened approximately 3 months and 10,00 miles after purchase of the car. Took car back into dealer and dealer stated the clutches failed the required test to determine replacement of the clutches again. ( clutches were replaced at 28K miles with previous owner). Dealer stated they would order the clutches and notify when they are available for replacement. This was August 11th 2016 the car had 47,268 miles at time of service. The dealer never issued a rental car even with a problem affecting the transmission was determined. The incident that happen today August 21st 2016 that warranted this complaint is as follows. While stoped at a stop sign on a residential roadway shortly after starting car, my car failed to say stoped and lunged into the roadway and broadsided a car and then even with the brakes fully decompressed the car lurched forward again striking the car again after trying to turn away from the car to prevent the impact. Impact was minor as the transmission was causing the movement and my brakes were fully decompressed. The class action lawsuit addressed the involuntary engagement of the transmission causing the issues of lurching forward without user input. There is no open recalls on this vehicle. To date nothing that Ford has done has corrected the problem permanently and this has caused an excessive depreciation of value in this vehicle. I personally do not feel safe operating this car.

- Port Allegany, PA, USA

Aug 032016

I got a notice in the mail about the tcm. Had the clutch module replaced when I bought the car new. Still shutters when going from 1st to 2nd. Almost costed me an accident when pulling out of my driveway because it didnt want to engage. After this car is paid off... I will never buy an american car again. Btw. Ford tells me there is nothing they can do until the tcm fails completely.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Jul 252016

Purchased car in June 2014 and in September 2014 I began seeing the transmission module recall every time I did a vehicle health report took it in every time the report came back, every time the Ford place I bought it said they could do nonthing to help in early March the transmission completely quit and I had to have it towed only to have the Ford place tell me that I had to replace the battery. The car was barely 1 1/2 years old and so I did and they said that I could keep bringing the car back but Ford would not let the fix the module due to whatever. They did extend the transmission warranty from 36K to 60 K which leads me to this point I have had the car back at the dealer at least 3 more times each time I have to leave the car and it never gets fixed the milage is at 59 K now and I took it to a different dealer in another town today and they said it was fixed and I came back to work and did another vehicle health report and it is still showing as a factory recall I will upload the report to you. Also so the car has had to have a new fan put on it 2 different times for overheating I cant afford to have all this work done this car has caused me more pain than I can deal with. I have tried to trade the car and am upside down I have only this vehicle and must work and have never had such horrible luck with a new car this car is the most I have ever spent almost $17000. It is not right for this to be happening. When the car broke down and the transmission would do nothing I was stranded on the highway, I have complain with Ford and the dealer since I bought this car and nothing ever gets done.

- Granbury, TX, USA

Sep 182015

Shuddering upon turning right, left, take off during accelration. It was in motion, charleston SC. Was afraid to pull out in traffic

- Mansfield, OH, USA

Jun 252016

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Fiesta. The contact stated that the vehicle experienced difficulty driving up an incline. The contact stated that the vehicle would immediately roll backwards. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the transmission software needed to be reset. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was not provided.

- Jackson, GA, USA

Oct 152015

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Fiesta. While driving approximately 30 mph, the accelerator pedal was depressed but the vehicle failed to accelerate. The vehicle shook violently and jerked forward without warning. While the brake pedal was depressed on an incline, the vehicle drifted backwards and crashed into a tree. A police report was not filed and there were no injuries. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the clutch failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 18,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Centreville, VA, USA

Dec 122015

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Fiesta. While driving in a parking lot and attempting to shift gears, the gear failed to engage and the vehicle failed to accelerate. The failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the clutch was defective and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 6,000.

- Lake Grove, NY, USA

Jun 132016

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Fiesta. While driving, the vehicle hesitated to switch gears and shook uncontrollably. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the transmission needed to be updated. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 54,000.

- Carvondale, IL, USA

Apr 012014

Transmission shudders when accelerating from a stop. This is a fairly regular problem that can increase the probability of an accident...I have had two very close calls due to my inability to accelerate through a left hand turn at an intersection. I was told that this is a "common" issue with this 6 speed, dual clutch, auto tranny. Unacceptable.

- Brandon, FL, USA

Apr 182016

My car only has 21,000+ miles on it. My transmission started making grinding sounds, high pitch sequel, surging, hesitating, not shifting (up or down), bucking, would not start. These actions happened at all speeds (low, medium and freeway), at full stops, going uphill/downhill

- Roseville, CA, USA

Mar 012014

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Fiesta. The contact stated that the transmission was defective and a loud noise was heard while decelerating and accelerating. The vehicle regained speed very slowly and the gear shifter failed to shift from drive to reverse. The vehicle was taken to the dealer several times for the failure. The dealer performed a diagnostic, which located failure codes at the computer software and the gear clutch. The computer system was reprogrammed and the gear clutch was replaced; however, the failure was not corrected. The manufacturer was notified. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 5,000.

- York, PA, USA

Apr 072016

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Fiesta. While driving 15 mph, the gear shift failed. While trying to accelerate, the vehicle made loud noises, shook violently, jumped, and lunged forward. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The failure continued to occur intermittently. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 24,000.

- Stratford, CT, USA

Mar 302016

Transmission malfunction. I bought this vehicle brand new in February 2014, several months later I noticed the vehicle would shudder, shake and jerk when taking off from a stop light or simply slowing down and speeding up. Ford dealership said it was due to the computer "learning how I drive". I gave it some time and even traveled cross country from AZ to nc and had problems the whole way. In 2015, I finally had it with how dangerous it was becoming to drive and took it in to complain again. This time they said it was due to a leaking clutch which they replaced in a few days. About 6 months later the problem began to occur again and I took it in to Ford for testing again. They said there was a recall for the clutch and it would take a couple months to get the new clutch in. It is now March 2016 and today, an hour away from home, the vehicle suddenly lost speed in the middle of the drive with vehicles all around, the dashboard check engine light came on along with a notification that said the transmission had malfunctioned and needed to be serviced now. I immediately drove straight to the nearest Ford with hazards lights on as the vehicle could not maintain its speed. I am tired of all these problems with this car it is not safe to drive.

- Hampstead, NC, USA

Sep 232014

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Fiesta. While driving 45 mph, the gear shift began to shift without warning into various gears. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the failure could not be determined. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 19,000. Updated 05/04/16

- Pope, MS, USA

Mar 152016

Car is 2 years old exactly, transmission no longer working, only 20,000 miles on car. Will accelerate on own when coming to a stop sign or red light, will grind, crank and crunch when shifting gears all the while jolting when shifting gears. Have been jolted into a crosswalk when pressing on the breaks due to the car downshifting. Is not safe at all to drive with children in the car due to the unpredictability of the transmission.

- Glenside, PA, USA

Mar 072016

I purchased a 2014 Fiesta with 17K miles in January 2016. So far it has been in the shop longer than I have owned it. 2 weeks for them to reprogram the tcm, replace a faulty seatbelt, and replace blown speakers. No loaner. Now the clutches have failed. They put me in a loaner to diagnose the problem and now want me to return the loaner and drive my car with no clutch while they wait for parts. I have refused to return the loaner until my car is fixed. I've escalted it all the way up to corporate and no one will help me or get back to me. Every car payment I have made has been when I do not have the car to drive. I'm getting really frustrated. 20 days in service now. This car is not safe to drive with a broken clutch. It accelerates erratically and will not go uphill without shaking violently. It is dangerous to myself and others but Ford is too cheap to pay for a loaner and my safety is of no concern to them.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA