2014 Ford Fiesta engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Fiesta:

2014 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Sep 202014

Fiesta

While at a stop light and attempting to accelerate the car hesitated and did a jumping like shudder/shaking. It stopped after the car was just above the 20 mph mark. Since it did not happened again for a few weeks did not take it into consideration, and did not attempt to take it to the dealer. Most of the times they tell you the hesitation and shaking need to be present when the inspect the vehicle to determine the cause of it. I was researching some tsb# and found out this shaking and hesitation was a more serious problem that we (my spouse and I) thought and wanted to file a complaint about this.

- Imperial Beach , CA, USA

Jan 152015

Fiesta 4-cyl

Since I purchased the vehicle in September 2013 I have been having issues with the vehicle accelerating, stalling, and jerking forward. On Thursday, January 15, 2015 at 8:00 pm I was driving and the engine light randomly turns on and the vehicle clicks on and off, the vehicle stalls and I almost hit the car in front of me. There have been several instances where I almost got into car accidents because of the transmission on this vehicle. Currently going back and forth with the dealer every time who states a certain amount of variation such as shuddering and jerking is normal with these transmissions however this car is not safe. I can only hope that enough people will complain where something will be done soon to get these cars into operable driving conditions.

- Sunrise, FL, USA

Dec 012014

Fiesta 4-cyl

I have been taking off after stopping and the transmission or fuel injection misses causing the vehicle to not engage the drive train just right. The vehicle hesitates, lurches, and shutters. The vibration is bad and I'm worried if I take off from a stop light or sign, the vehicle does not engage the drive train, I might be hit by another vehicle because I cannot get the vehicle out of the path of traffic due to the hesitation. This is a very serious safety issue and something must be done to correct the problem.

- Crestview, FL, USA

Nov 062014

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Fiesta. While stopped at a red light, there was a sudden increase in engine rpms without warning. Also, the contact stated that the vehicle consistently shook without warning while accelerating. The failure recurred on several occasions. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and not diagnosed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 11,000.

- Zebulon, NC, USA

Mar 012014

Fiesta 4-cyl

A couple months after buying my new car, I noticed the transmission would start to shudder and/or buck when accelerating after a stop. Contacted the dealership and have brought it in 3 times with no one at the dealership being able to "recreate" the problem and therefore they couldn't fix it. They also said that because of the type of transmission, the problems I was describing are to be expected. How could a company release a transmission that is "supposed" to buck and shudder? problem has continued to get worse and I have now experienced several incidents that I feel are very dangerous. One occurs when I approach a stop and I am applying the brakes, the car will rev up and accelerate on its own, almost causing me to go into traffic. Another incident is when I am at a yield and don't come to a complete stop, then accelerate to merge with traffic, the transmission skips/stutters/shudders delaying my acceleration and making the merge dangerous. The problem is intermittent, and does not occur at every stop/yield. I am afraid to drive my car because I never know what or when it will happen again.

- Rochester, NH, USA

Jan 012014

Fiesta

Ford Fiesta 2014 engine excessively trembles/jumps when I accelerate from a stopped position. The car does accelerate on itself at times mostly when I have ac on or after turning it off. Ford should recall this car now. Or fix this car and provide customer with a paid rental car while this one is being fixed.

- Bell, CA, USA