6.9

2014 Ford Fiesta engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Fiesta:

2014 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments

Jun 292016

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Fiesta. While turning 10 mph, the vehicle sputtered and hesitated to accelerate. The contact depressed the accelerator pedal twice and the vehicle operated properly. The vehicle was taken to a dealer to be diagnosed, but the failure was unable to be duplicated. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- La Quinta, CA, USA

Jun 112016

Fiesta

Takata recall, I purchase this car June 3, 2016 and I notice that there is a noise coming from either the front or the back wheel there is a roaring sound when the wheels is turning. I looked at the car fax and it shows that there is nothing wrong with this car. I took it back to the car lot and they said they can't find anything wrong, but sometimes when I try to take off there is a roaring sound and it hesitate or sometimes it won't I'm afraid that this car will cause problems when driving.

- Cedar Hill, TX, USA

Mar 152016

Fiesta

Car is 2 years old exactly, transmission no longer working, only 20,000 miles on car. Will accelerate on own when coming to a stop sign or red light, will grind, crank and crunch when shifting gears all the while jolting when shifting gears. Have been jolted into a crosswalk when pressing on the breaks due to the car downshifting. Is not safe at all to drive with children in the car due to the unpredictability of the transmission.

- Glenside, PA, USA

Feb 292016

Fiesta

The car is having acceleration issue. You need to press heavy on the gas for it to move from stop position or on a slight slope. When driving the car at times will jerk when you try to speed up on the highway to merge lanes. The RPM at times will jump. The issue is a safety concern especially on the highway. Today the car would not go up a slope. The started to roll back. This is a real issue when there is snow. I'm scared to drive the car. I have taken it to the deal ship 2 times now. Last time I took it they noted that no fault found at this time.. so I guess nothing was fixed. I noticed the issue within the 1st year and the deal ship said the needs at least 20km and computer system will kick in or something to that fact.

- Scarborough, AL, USA

Jan 202016

Fiesta

Takata recall : the transmission issue makes my car feel unsafe. At random and quite often while driving, my car's transmission will tremble and shake which disables me from driving at the correct speed. Merging onto highways can be quite dangerous because I cannot speed up correctly with this transmission issue. The issue with the transmission is with turning, with out turning, with speeding up, from stop going into motion, and it includes both city street and highway. It has been an ongoing issue. I have taken it into the dealer with no improvement and am taking it back again. This has been an ongoing since I purchased it brand new, and feels like it has gotten worse. I no longer feel safe nor can tolerate these issues.

- Des Plaines, IL, USA

Feb 162015

Fiesta

This vehicle has a transmission that causes bucking, kicking, jerking, harsh engagement, rough shifts, shuddering, delayed acceleration, red-lining prior to shifting, and feeling like it is returning to neutral during stop. This issue has been turned over to the dealer service center and Ford motor service. Both claim there is a clutch isse that is not a life safety issue and will not damage the vehicle long term. Both claim the parts are on back order and should be installed in 3-8 months.

- Springdale, AR, USA

May 212015

Fiesta

I was trying to merge on to the highway after stopping at a gas station. The car was unable to shift gears and speed up. It was moderately to severely shaking and shuddering. Because the car was unable to speed up in time I was forced off the road by the on coming traffic onto the the shoulder/grass area, with the other car needing to drive around me. This has been an issue since we purchased the car. The clutch was changed in October 2014 as per dealer, but in April 2015 same issues began developing. This has been the 3rd near accident with this car not properly accelerating on to the highway due to the shifting issue and causing a near accident. Outside these incidents, the car is generally difficult to control at low speeds as its acceleration and shifting ability continuously changes after a complete stop at a light or stop sign. It's quite challenging to explain the difficulty of driving this car because I've never had a car with such a poor consistency during acceleration. Some moments it will moderately jerk forward with a slight touch of the pedal (alarming especially during stop and go traffic), another moment you need to press the gas pedal all the way down to accelerate slowly on a flat/even surface and other times it moderately-severely shakes and shudders as the car tries to climb a minimal hill/elevation (all these events happen during the same 10-15 minute drive). The car drives "typically/normally" approximately 30-35% of the time, mostly after accelerating to over 20-25 miles per hour. I am highly concerned for the safety of my family when driving in this vehicle.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Jul 072014

Fiesta 4-cyl

No way to know whether or not you have turned cruise control on.

- Sun City Center, FL, USA

Mar 012014

Fiesta 4-cyl

A couple months after buying my new car, I noticed the transmission would start to shudder and/or buck when accelerating after a stop. Contacted the dealership and have brought it in 3 times with no one at the dealership being able to "recreate" the problem and therefore they couldn't fix it. They also said that because of the type of transmission, the problems I was describing are to be expected. How could a company release a transmission that is "supposed" to buck and shudder? problem has continued to get worse and I have now experienced several incidents that I feel are very dangerous. One occurs when I approach a stop and I am applying the brakes, the car will rev up and accelerate on its own, almost causing me to go into traffic. Another incident is when I am at a yield and don't come to a complete stop, then accelerate to merge with traffic, the transmission skips/stutters/shudders delaying my acceleration and making the merge dangerous. The problem is intermittent, and does not occur at every stop/yield. I am afraid to drive my car because I never know what or when it will happen again.

- Rochester, NH, USA

Jan 012014

Fiesta

Ford Fiesta 2014 engine excessively trembles/jumps when I accelerate from a stopped position. The car does accelerate on itself at times mostly when I have ac on or after turning it off. Ford should recall this car now. Or fix this car and provide customer with a paid rental car while this one is being fixed.

- Bell, CA, USA

Jun 062014

Fiesta

When I try to accelerate when getting on the highway to go home from work it will not let me and try to stall and it will take it quite a bit of time to finally let me push on the gas and get going again. It has done this a couple of times now and a couple of times when leaving an intersection after stopping at either a stop sign or a stop light.

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA