2014 Ford Fiesta fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Fiesta:

2014 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments

May 052015

Fiesta

See attached statement word document for full details. I have owned this car for two years now, I purchased it in December of 2014. At the time I was commuting 120 miles daily to support a project. I was very early on the car began to jerk and shake. I retuned it first for a defective tire, defective backup sensor and unsafe transmission functionality. Kings Ford (cincinnati oh) replaced the tire (I had to pay for the tire), replaced the backup sensor (warranty) and ¿reset/updated¿ the transmission controls firmware. After this, I retuned the vehicle multiply times for unsafe transmission functionality. After about two more times of kings Ford ¿resetting/updating¿ the transmission controls firmware they finally replaced the clutches. This was at 20,000 miles. Since then I have taken the car to kings Ford two more times for unsafe transmission functionality. Each time they ¿reset/updated¿ the transmission controls firmware. Yesterday, I called Ford roadside to pickup the car and return it to kings Ford due to unsafe transmission functionality. Also, I have another faulty tire and the air handing actuators in the dash are making grinding sounds. I have had multiply near accidents due to the vehicles unsafe transmission functionality. The vehicle has disabled itself in high speed interstate traffic. I had navigate the car from the fast lane to the right shoulder without any available power. I narrowly missed a set of large commercial trucks! once at the side of the road, I had to cycle the ignition before the car would respond to accelerator inputs. There have been multiply other instances where the car fails to accelerate correctly when merging into traffic¿nearly being rear ended, certainly leading to a few road rage incidents.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Mar 162016

Fiesta

My Ford Fiesta 2014 has a recall with the module valve. At present I took it into the shop 3 different times. 1) richmond highway 2/2014 2) 9/2015 and 3) 3/2016 at present my car has been in the shop for 10 weeks

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Mar 012016

Fiesta

Back passanger door opened while driving and will not latch closed. Called Ford and even though there is a recall on this matter with my make model and year, my car is not included and they want over $500 to fix. On top of this my car tries to stall everytime I go to excelerate from a stop and also when it goes from 1st to 2nd gears. I was told when purchased that it was me not hitting the gas hard enough, however I do not find this is the case

- Carmichael, CA, USA

Feb 292016

Fiesta

The car is having acceleration issue. You need to press heavy on the gas for it to move from stop position or on a slight slope. When driving the car at times will jerk when you try to speed up on the highway to merge lanes. The RPM at times will jump. The issue is a safety concern especially on the highway. Today the car would not go up a slope. The started to roll back. This is a real issue when there is snow. I'm scared to drive the car. I have taken it to the deal ship 2 times now. Last time I took it they noted that no fault found at this time.. so I guess nothing was fixed. I noticed the issue within the 1st year and the deal ship said the needs at least 20km and computer system will kick in or something to that fact.

- Scarborough, AL, USA

Feb 202016

Fiesta

The transmission in my 2014 Ford Fiesta hesitates when taking off. It sometimes gets stuck in a high or low gear and won't shift. It sometimes won't engage and will roll when sitting on a grade. It grinds and makes rattling noises at all speeds, worse at shift points. Unsafe when trying to enter into traffic with the hesitation. Have almost hit other vehicles when it disengages or won't engage as it should. Transmission quit pulling on a grade on busy interstate and had to be towed. Astorg Ford in parkersburg wv, where I bought it new, worked on it and said they would reimburse me for my expenses. Never got reimbursed. Recently took car back to astorg for ongoing transmission issues and was told by james science, service manager, that their computer showed it to be in specs and that somehow the way I was driving was causing the problems?? Ford has extended the warranty but has no fix for this faulty, unsafe transmission. Ford vehicles with these transmissions should be recalled before the inevitable injury or death occurs caused by their faulty engineering design.

- Washington, WV, USA

Jan 052016

Fiesta

I bought the car in Sep 2015. About two weeks after having the car, I noticed the car would stall/shake/jolt between 20-30 mph. It gets to the point were the just does not accelerate at all. This is a huge concer for safety of myself and my family. I have done research and it seems like Ford is doing nothing about. This is not safe drive. Ford needs to fix the problem. I am now stuck with a lemon that nobody wants, and now im stuck making payments on a crap car.

- Beaufort, SC, USA

Jul 312014

Fiesta

The car shutters and loses power when accelerating at take off or low speed.

- Crestview, FL, USA

Jun 182015

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Fiesta. While driving at approximately 40 mph, the vehicle stalled. In addition, the contact stated the air conditioner only emitted hot air. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic where it was awaiting diagnostic testing. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V402000 (fuel system, gasoline). The approximate failure mileage was 72,000. Updated 11/09/15 updated 01/20/16

- New Hartford, CT, USA

Dec 012014

Fiesta 4-cyl

I have been taking off after stopping and the transmission or fuel injection misses causing the vehicle to not engage the drive train just right. The vehicle hesitates, lurches, and shutters. The vibration is bad and I'm worried if I take off from a stop light or sign, the vehicle does not engage the drive train, I might be hit by another vehicle because I cannot get the vehicle out of the path of traffic due to the hesitation. This is a very serious safety issue and something must be done to correct the problem.

- Crestview, FL, USA

Oct 152013

Fiesta

The car slips gear and shudders at low speeds, and when coming from a complete stop or after slowing down. The dual clutches have now been replaced twice. This time around out seems to be worse than it was before.

- Chesterfield, VA, USA

Sep 142014

Fiesta 3-cyl

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Fiesta. Ten minutes after the contact drove into a residential driveway, the vehicle caught fire. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 2,000. Updated 10/23/2014 updated 4/21/2015

- Golden, CO, USA