2015 Ford Fiesta drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Fiesta:

2015 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments

Jun 222016

This problem showed up on the first day we picked up this brand new 2015 Ford Fiesta with less than 25 miles on the odo. While we were turning at an intersection as we left the main highway and entered the side street the transmission went into neutral. The rpms went up to over 4000 but the transmission never engaged. The car that was behind us as we were turning had to stop suddenly to keep from hitting us as we coasted off to the side of the road. As the car almost came to a full stop the transmission engaged hard and jumped forward as if I had slammed it into gear. This has happen many more times with my wife, sister and myself as driver. Each time we were almost hit from either oncoming traffic or the vehicles following us.

- Hartford, KY, USA

Aug 082015

Transmission constantly stutters and jerks while attempting to accelerate.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Jan 142016

Jerks and sometimes makes bad noise when you press the gas pedal. Happens often.

- Midwest City, OK, USA

Oct 192015

Car lunges forward while stopped at intersections. While on a highway in traffic rpms remained high after the transmission failed to downshift for approximately a mile. While attempting to accelerate the transmission doesn't shift up and just doesn't go. Rolls backwards down hills while trying to go forward and makes a clicking sound. Car has a really bad shutter when rounding curves and turning corners and occasionally follows with the car not accelerating. Has been to Ford to be checked once already and was told it had nothing wrong with it and has a second appointment next week. I've only owned the car for 9 months and have put less than 10,000 miles on it. Sometimes the car feels like it will stall out while trying to shift up. When the car is parked can hear clicking in transmission as it rocks excessively on level ground. Car also appears to have no power when pulling into traffic from a stop and has almost been involved in several accidents because of this.

- Scurry, TX, USA

Oct 022015

At a traffic light at about, 11:45 pm. On 10/02/2015 my self and my boyfriend were in my 2015 Ford Fiesta SE, with him driving my car, when the light turned green at a major intersection here in phoenix, Arizona were we reside, my 2015 Ford Fiesta leached forward as by boyfriend stepped on the gas pedal, and then the engine suddenly revved up very high, and the car moved from the stop line at the inter- section at a fast rate of speed, and next the transmission locked up, causing the car to stop very hard all at once in the middle of the intersection and stall, and our heads, and our body's to be thrown forward at the windshield, but not hitting it, because the seat-belts engaged thank god ! a car was coming behind use and had to serve severely, almost causing that car to roll over as it just missed hitting or right rear bumper, at about 50 miles an hour. My boyfriend then placed the car in park, and pushed the hazard light button on, but the car would not start, it took about 3 times, turning the key, to get it to start again, by the the light S turn green for the traffic in the other direction, and the cars stated to come at ours. My boyfriend, the final got the car started, and again the car leached forward very abruptly, and again jerked very hard again, and stalled once more, that happened about five times. We were able to final get the car to make it enough through the intersection, to stop it in the middle of the road, when a pedestrian waved to use asking to help us move the car from the middle of the road, we put the car in neutral, and pushed it into a walgreens parking lot. And call for Ford emergency roadside assistance. The car then was put on a flat bed trow truck, and take to the Ford dealer were it was purchased from.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

May 302015

The contact owns a 2015 Ford Fiesta. Upon depressing the accelerator pedal, the vehicle was extremely slow to pick up speed and slow to downshift. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer for further inspection. The VIN was not available. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 300.

- Fort Myers , FL, USA

Jan 192015

01/19/2015 my boyfriend had driven my car to the store, about one mile from my home. About 10:40 pm. Receipt shows that he had checked out at 10:53 pm. He tells me that he entered my car about 3 minutes later, because it was parked close to the store, he loaded the shopping bags into the trunk of the car and got in and started the car and backed out from the parking space, and then went forward he states it was about no more then 25 yards, when he noticed that the cars transmission, at first hesitated to shift, and then made a slight jerk to the next gear, then jerked once again slightly. He tells me that he then stop the car, and started again forward, and at this time, he did not feel any problems, so I again stopped the car, and put it into reverse. And backed up at 4 mph, he did not notice any problems. He again stopped the car, and then drove again forward at 10 to 15 mph with no problem to home. 01/20/2015 I got into my car with my boyfriend to go to work, 915 am. Boyfriend driving. We drove my car out of the apartment complex where I reside, and did not notice a shifting problem, until we entered the street, and that is when the car hesitate to shift upon acceleration, and the engine revved up loudly, and then jerked into gear. At the Ford dealership my boyfriend told the service adviser about the issues with the cars transmission, and he was told by the service adviser, that Ford knows about the issue, and had issued a service bulletin. He then went on to state that the Ford service bulletin states that the problem is caused my a faulty transmission control module, and also a internal leak in the clutch housing on the transmission, and that Ford will only repair the issue at 1,500 miles, not before that time. He also stated that the transmission could be computer tuned to help stop the problem.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA