2005 Ford Five Hundred miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Five Hundred:

2005 Ford Five Hundred Owner Comments

Oct 112005

Five Hundred 6-cyl

Purchased 2005 Ford 500 new on Oct 11, 2005. At first oil change 3000 miles on Jan 10, 2006 I reported vibration and popping on right front of car. They replaced upper strut mounts/bearings. Vibration continued. On March 7, 2006 a tire specialist stated tires were showing light chopping on the outer edges and the right front tire had it. March 8, 2006 returned to dealership reported the vibration again-nothing done. Tires checked. May 30, 2006 reported vibration. Did road force balance. Vibration continued. Aug 8, 2006 told the mgr about the vibration again. Week of Oct 9 the mgr said nothing more could be done. Mgr said his service rep would not be back for 2-3 months. I asked the manager if I could contact his service rep and he said no. Oct 19, 2006 called bill mccort, took car to the garage again. Test drove with bill mccort, joe essex, tech, my husband, and myself. Tech confirmed the vibration. Car left at dealership.. scott vasko, asst. Service mgr. Called and told us all readings were within specs. Said they did four hook-ups for testing. Still vibrating. Oct 19, 2006 bill mccort authorized the Continental tires be replaced by new Michelin tires. Still vibrating after new tires were put on. Oct 20, 2006 met phyllis stoves and, owner of dealership. She drove my car and felt vibration. Oct 21, 2006 stoves and, my husband, and myself drove two 2007 Ford Five hundreds. They had the same vibration. Stoves said she would E-mail an engineer and will contact us week after next stoves called me and asked me to bring the car to the dealership because an engineer was coming to look at my car. I was not allowed to see or talk to the engineer. Stoves said customers are not allowed to meet with or talk to the engineer. Later stoves called and told me she and the engineer drove my car and it drove wonderfully. Vibration continues. I once again reported Jan 4, 2007.

- Kevil, KY, USA

Jan 112006

Five Hundred 6-cyl

Vibration on right front of car during speeds of 55 mph to 62 mp. Replaced Continental tires with Michelin and vibration still occurs.

- Kevil, KY, USA