2006 Ford Five Hundred accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Five Hundred:

2006 Ford Five Hundred Owner Comments

Jun 282011

Five Hundred 6-cyl

A/C compressor failed, only worked when at highway speed. Per reputable A/C mechanic this is a problem with Ford 500's.called Ford Motor Company in detroit 7/13/11, Ford will not cover repair, but I was told there have been several incidents for A/C failure. Ford told me to keep my receipt in case Ford some day decides to cover it. Ford knows it has a problem, but not willing to cover it, until they are forced to cover it by NHTSA maybe?

- Ludlow Falls, OH, USA

Jan 282010

Five Hundred 6-cyl

2006 Ford Five hundred, at the 86,000 mark instrument panel started acting up. All or some of the warning lights (wrench, seat belt, engine, etc.) would all come on and turn off, at different times and weather conditions. When they came on the radio sound would lower too. The safety issue is all the gages, except the amount of gas, would go to zero as well, making it imposible to know your speed. Called around and found it would cost $700 to fix. This seems to be a Ford manufacture problem. I contacted Ford and was told in so many words that was my problem since they were not told to fix it by NHTSA.

- West Valley City, UT, USA

Nov 232010

Five Hundred 6-cyl

Starting since February 2010. My car lunges forward whenever at a dead stop. When shifting to drive and reverse. I have had to have my foot on brake and even almost had an accident while parking and hit the wall. Went to dealership and first they said it was my engine mount that was causing it. Then went again because the problem still occurred and they said I needed a new battery. Then they claimed it was my air filter which is a lie. I called the Ford headquarters and all they can do is take down when I called and what it was about. They are no help what so ever so what is the point of them even existing if they cant help solve the problem. They claim each dealer is independent and that they can advise that I go to a different dealership. I have wasted a good deal of time and money. Luckily I was smart and bought that premium extended warranty. I still have spent close to over $400 on repairs. Each time I went I had to pay a deductible of $100. The battery I went to sams club to get because the dealer wanted $140 but I got mine for $75. They advised to get my throttle body clean and that was $95. They said I need to have my transmission flushed which is another lie. I didn't get that done because I only have 60,000 miles on the vehicle. The transmission fluid was as red as can be and is still good for probably another 40,000 miles. The point is Ford knows about the problem and they do not want to fix the problem it apparently is happening to tons of folks out there. They need to just fix it because even though I had my throttle body cleaned the problem still comes back here and there. I just hope that no one gets killed and then Ford will finally get this right. I plan on seeing if I can get some legal help and will explore that avenue because I get my oil changes almost ever 3500 miles and I follow all the manufactures service policies. I do my part as a customer and they haven't done there part as the company that made the vehicle.

- Pittsburgh , PA, USA