2006 Ford Five Hundred brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Five Hundred:

2006 Ford Five Hundred Owner Comments

Dec 122006

Five Hundred 6-cyl

I bought my 2006 Ford 500 in June of 2006. I had a problem with the rear brakes getting very dusty (on rims), so I went to the Ford dealership and asked about this problem. At the time the answer was, "those are the brakes which the manufacturer installed and there is nothing we can do about it. So, I had to accept this answer and go on about my business. At 12000 miles (December 2006) I took the car in for an oil change. When they were driving my car in for the oil change they noticed a squeeling noise coming from the rear wheels. I guess they checked the rear wheels and found excessive wear on the rear brakes. Anyhow, now they have changed and repaired the brakes. I was told when I picked up the car that there was an service bulletin on the brake problem.

- Miami, FL, USA