2.4

2006 Ford Five Hundred drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Five Hundred:

2006 Ford Five Hundred Owner Comments

Aug 122010

Five Hundred

I have a 2006 Ford 500 and while sitting at a restaurant I put my car into reverse to back out of the parking space when it surged backward and I had no control. So I braked and put in forward. Then it surged forward and I had to hard brake it to stop the car. It had been making a noise like there was something wrong with the power steering. I called the dealership and a tow truck and had it taken in. The dealership ran a diagnosis and said it was the throttle bottle. Since I was about 50 miles from hone I had it towed back to my city where I am having the throttle body replaced.

- Riceville, TN, USA