1.9

2006 Ford Five Hundred electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Five Hundred:

2006 Ford Five Hundred Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Sep 192016

Five Hundred

The contact owns a 2006 Ford Five hundred. The contact stated that the rear driver side tail light failed to illuminate. When the vehicle was placed in reverse, the reverse lights failed to illuminate. In addition, the control panel and driver side blinkers failed to illuminate. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the alternator failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failures recurred. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failures. The approximate failure mileage was 150,000.

- Big Lake, MN, USA

Mar 132015

Five Hundred 6-cyl

I wasing a were there was a recall on my care untell someone told me.

- Racine, WI, USA

Nov 012012

Five Hundred 6-cyl

I had been having trouble with my vehicle revving when driving on the high way. I received a notice from Ford that as a part of a customer program if my car was having trouble they would clean and reprogram. In January of 2013, my local Ford dealership cleaned and reprogrammed the throttle body. October of 2014 I was driving down the interstate and my car died. I was able to safely get the car to the side of the road. Let it sit, it started and I was able to drive home approximately 25 miles with the car dying a couple more times along the way. I took the car to get looked at and was advised that my electronic throttle body was bad and needed to be replaced. I contacted Ford who was of no assistance. I contacted my local Ford dealership who said sorry, we can fix it but it will be at my cost. I chose to take my car to an independent mechanic who replaced the electronic throttle body. I have made more than one attempt for Ford to acknowledge that the cleaning didn't repair the problem with no success.

- Marion, IA, USA

Jul 252014

Five Hundred 6-cyl

When I first start my car its slow to give power, often when I drive it on the street it'll just lose complete power and die down. Then I have to restart itfor it to temporarily go away then it happens again.

- Cacmpbell, CA, USA

May 072010

Five Hundred 6-cyl

2010 driving on highway in Virginia, car was accelerating on it's own, it was like the car was in control and not the driver. Pulled over and car stalled, engine light came on. Took car to Ford dealer was told throttle control assembly. 52,200 miles had it replaced. Contacted Ford Oct 2010. November 2012 Ford issue customer satisfaction program, finally reimbursed 2013. July 2014, 100,457miles same problem again had to again replace throttle control system.

- Monroe Township, NJ, USA

Jan 012014

Five Hundred 6-cyl

When I am in park or neutral my motor makes a ticking noise. When in drive it hoes away. Weird.

- Indianola, IA, USA

Aug 012013

Five Hundred 6-cyl

During normal driving vehicle dash lights went completely out and then began to flicker while both gauges speedo and tach went left to right on and off repeatedly causing a loss of power on vehicle rendering vehicle unsafe to drive and almost causing collision.. brought to Ford dealer replaced alternator and problem still exists after 500 dollar expense.

- Bound Brook, NJ, USA

Oct 232012

Five Hundred 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Ford Five hundred. The contact stated that the gauges failed to function and often fluctuated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was found that the instrument cluster needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 90,000....updated 11-18-13

- Madison, WI, USA

Jul 292013

Five Hundred 6-cyl

Cpsc: I1390188A. 2006 Ford Five hundred. Consumer stated the left front head light caught on fire spontaneously while having been parked for 30 minutes in the garage and engine was off. The fire destroyed the left front engine area. The vehicle was totaled by the insurance company.

- Leavenworth, KS, USA

May 102010

Five Hundred

The contact owns a 2006 Ford Five hundred. The contact stated that the air conditioning failed. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer and was told that the refrigerant control valve failed. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was unknown, but the current mileage was 70,000.

- Kingsford, MI, USA

Jun 072012

Five Hundred 6-cyl

Two problems: 1. car surges sporadically (I.e. when pulling into parking space with foot on brake, car surges as if pressing the accelerator). 2. while driving all lights on dash go out, speedometer and tachometer go to zero. I had the throttle body replaced once (several months later, Ford reimbursed me for the cost under customer satisfaction program 12N03. This solved the problem for several months. The problem is now re-occurring. Ford has indicated that they will not repair the car again. This seems to be a safety issue.

- Perry, GA, USA

May 262013

Five Hundred

The contact owns a 2006 Ford Five hundred. The contact stated that the air conditioning unit failed and was blowing hot air. The vehicle was taken to a local mechanic for inspection. The mechanic drained the air conditioning system however, the failure was not corrected. The mechanic advised the contact that the air conditioning system needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 94,000. The VIN was not available.

- Prattville , AL, USA

Jan 022013

Five Hundred

When driving the car and slowing down the cvt transmission surges ahead and the car goes into safe mode only allowing it to go 20 mph when driving in traffic. Many near misses on accidents. Have had car into dealer 3 times and still unable to diagnose problem. Maintenance service was completed on transmission at 60,000 miles per recommendations. Ford Motor Company stated in a phone conversation there are known transmission problems with this car. Dealer states it is the computer causing this unsure who is right. A transmission sensor is being replaced to the tune of $2000. Please help if this is a known problem. Just had a part in the transmission replaced because there was a recall on it.

- Ankeny, IA, USA

Oct 102012

Five Hundred

The airbag warning light comes on and then the entire gauge cluster (I am talking about the speedometer, the temperature gauge, the gas gauge, and the tachometer) shuts off completely and comes back on randomly. Ten days after initial incident the airbag warning light came on and then the gauge cluster shut off completely and stayed off. The speedometer is the most important part. I have seen several articles online about the same topic, and the belief is that it is due to faulty soldering on the back of the unit.

- Birdsboro, PA, USA

Aug 022012

Five Hundred 6-cyl

The car lunges forward or backwards when shifting gears also lunges when coming to a stop very violently. I drive with plenty of space in font of me so I haven't hit anything I'm surprised no one else has either.

- Laudehill, FL, USA

Feb 222012

Five Hundred 6-cyl

While driving the car RPM gauge was moving upward even though I was still at steady speed. When I slowed and stopped it appeared to continue to lunge forward. I was able to control since I had some distance from the vehicle in front of me. By the time I reached my destination I was afraid that it had a mind of its own. It settled when I tried to park for it then cut off. There have been numerous events when the car lunged forward or cut off while driving and even when I put the car in reverse. I had three (3) motor mounts replaced and new battery along with the safety sensor. It costs more to repair than general maintenance. I see why they stopped making this car. Its dangerous! I am now in the process of getting the throttle body replaced which may not be under warranty. This car should be recalled or we should be compensated for repairs related to this problem.

- Mckeesport , PA, USA

Jul 312012

Five Hundred

I have a 2006 Ford Five hundred. I purchased it used in Jan 2012. My car continually lurches forward while sitting still. The air conditioner will not cool while idling if it is hot outside. I have also had issues with losing all power while driving down the freeway. I will be driving and all gauges will bottom out and then rev up to the highest. My rpms will drop down, the gas gauge will go to empty and at night all electrical lights and dashboard notifications will light up and then go off. I cannot use the air conditioner, radio or anything else when this happens. This is very dangerous and I believe Ford should be held accountable for not fixing this issue sooner! someone is going to get into a fatal accident because of this issue!!! losing all power and speed and then having the vehicle lurch forward is dangerous! #scaredmomof3babies!

- Colton, CA, USA

Jul 052012

Five Hundred 6-cyl

Car surges on its own, after putting it into gear.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jul 042010

Five Hundred 6-cyl

Before July 2010 I began noticing that my engine would race up to 1500 RPM while idling. I would always keep my foot on the brake so the car would not lurch forward. Then on the 4th of July multiple engine errors appeared on the car computer. The Ford dealer diagnosed a throttle body malfunction. After replacement no problem until June 2012. Once again the engine is racing to 2000 RPM while idling at a stop. I am sure that this problem is ongoing with some Ford products and will some day or has caused an accident. It is not a constant RPM rate but the RPM goes from 700 to 2000.

- Salt Lake City, UT, USA

Jan 042011

Five Hundred 6-cyl

This Ford Five hundred surges or revs up the engine, in forward or reverse, when driving at slow speeds, usually into parking spaces or at red lights. This is a dangerous situation because we have no warning that it is about to happen. I have noticed it is worse if the A/C is on. We have avoided several accidents by slamming on the brake, it will even continue to surge if the brake pedal is held hard to the floor. The vehicle started doing this within the first 150 miles that we owned it. The incidents are unpredictable and dangerous.

- Longview , TX, USA