2.0

2006 Ford Five Hundred fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Five Hundred:

2006 Ford Five Hundred Owner Comments

Nov 072016

Five Hundred

Wrench light came on and it feels like you lose power momentarily. When it kicks back in, it lunges and will almost give you whiplash. This happens sporadically during acceleration usually on a highway.

- Waynesboro, GA, USA

May 212014

Five Hundred

Vehicle was stalling out finally quit, had it towed to a Ford dealer, was advise that the throttlebody had shorted out. They say it is not covered under the warranty. The engine was replace by the Ford dealership due to a manufacture defect 6 years ago. The vehicle has less that 50,000 miles on. What estimate cost of repairing is $970. We have an extended warranty coverage. But I think for should fix it without charge.

- Eagle Lake, FL, USA

Feb 022013

Five Hundred 6-cyl

Vehicle surges for no particular reason and shows. A check engine light on (wrench). Control of acceleration is mixed and vehicle either lurches or feels as though transmission is in neutral and RPM's increase without acceleration by driver. Have a scheduled service call with Ford and have been issued a notice from Ford that this issue will be covered.

- Mogadore, OH, USA

Sep 012011

Five Hundred 6-cyl

I would be stopped at a stop sign or red light and would push on the throttle to accelerate. The guy would not move at first then would "jump" and accelerate quickly. I never hit anyone because I was careful, but I took it into a Ford dealership to have them diagnose it. They claimed to know of the problem but would not cover it under warranty. I paid over $1,000 to have them replace my "throttle body."

- Valrico, FL, USA

Sep 012011

Five Hundred

The car had begun surging hard both in reverse and forward. It happens when stopping and when first putting it in gear. I've been fortunate to have not hit anything yet, but I am fearful that it might happen. I'm seeing a lot of other people having the exact same problem in several forums and websites. I do not understand why a recall has not been issued for this problem as it is obviously a serious manufacturer's defect.

- Whitmire, SC, USA

Jul 052012

Five Hundred 6-cyl

Car surges on its own, after putting it into gear.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jul 042010

Five Hundred 6-cyl

Before July 2010 I began noticing that my engine would race up to 1500 RPM while idling. I would always keep my foot on the brake so the car would not lurch forward. Then on the 4th of July multiple engine errors appeared on the car computer. The Ford dealer diagnosed a throttle body malfunction. After replacement no problem until June 2012. Once again the engine is racing to 2000 RPM while idling at a stop. I am sure that this problem is ongoing with some Ford products and will some day or has caused an accident. It is not a constant RPM rate but the RPM goes from 700 to 2000.

- Salt Lake City, UT, USA

May 152012

Five Hundred 6-cyl

2006 Ford 500. The car will suddenly surge at idle...it also surges during gear shifts from park to drive and park to reverse. If you do not have your foot firmly on the brake pedal the car will suddenly surge forward. This can lead to damage of the vehicle or injury to a pedestrian. Arfc website has 125 reports of this problem. Seems to get worse around the 60-65,000 mile range....conveniently out of warranty. Taking car to dealer today for evaluation and repair.

- Collierville, TN, USA