9.7

2006 Ford Five Hundred transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Five Hundred:

2006 Ford Five Hundred Owner Comments

Jan 132006

Five Hundred 6-cyl

We have a 2006 Ford 500 which had the cvt transmission replaced after 4 weeks. The transmission continues to have a significant delay in engaging in reverse. My wife and daughter did not wait until the transmission engaged and have on occasion lurched backwards almost running over her little brother. With the front of the car on a decline the car will roll forward when in reverse until it engages and the user depresses the throttle. Olathe Ford and a factory rep. Inspected the vehicle and supposedly the vehicle is within specs. I don't think so, the car also whines when turning corners. I think the cvt transmission is out of specs. Ford doesn't use it anymore, nor do I want to. I have had many Ford, this will be my last if this isn't resolved to my satisfaction. The car also has the instrument cluster which intermittently goes out, windshield leaks water and air. Answer soon, I am going to BBB, NHTSA and Kansas consumer protection. This car is a lemon, I want a working one.

- Olathe, KS, USA