2007 Ford Five Hundred miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Five Hundred:

2007 Ford Five Hundred Owner Comments

Aug 132011

Five Hundred

My throttle body went completely out at 99481 miles. I paid approx. $800 for the repair/replacement. Ford Motor Company reimbursed for the service on 12/11/2012 after so many complaints had been made about the throttle body in this model that they were paying for previous services for any repairs/replacements made for this part. I believe the replacement part used was also defective, and made mention of my concern to my Ford dealership at the time. They agreed that there was no guarantee that I did not receive a defective replacement part as the new part they were using a year later was different. I have had my replacement throttle body cleaned and re-programmed several times (at least twice a year since the replacement). Ford Motor Company will do nothing now that I have been told I need a new throttle body which is about an $800 repair. Ford Motor Company needs to do something to make those of us, who received a faulty or defective replacement part, us whole. I hope that others will make it known if they have had a defective replacement throttle body.

- Riverton, UT, USA

Aug 312011

Five Hundred 6-cyl

I have a 2007 Ford Five hundred which constantly accelerates unintentionally. It also has begun to loose acceleration and lunges every time I press the gas peddle which almost caused an accident on the interstate.

- Brighton, AL, USA

Jul 172011

Five Hundred

The Ford Five hundred's engine shuts off as you turn the wheel, that's how it started out. A few days later, the car's engine would shut off just driving straight down the road. After the engine shuts off the steering wheel will lock up and not move. I was lucky enough to be able to pull over and turn the key to off position. After turning key to off position, I turned the car back on and it drove fine until I either turned a corner or it just shut off as I went straight. After speaking with our local Ford dealer we were told that they have had quite a few Ford Five hundred owners come in with the same problem. This car is only four years old and 84,000 (plus) miles on it. This car shouldn't be acting like that. It will cost $800+ to get it fixed, if what they do will fix it. With all those other complaints coming into the dealership, I wonder how many others' in the us are having the same problem. The issue needs to be fixed. Thanks

- Abilene, TX, USA

Apr 302011

Five Hundred

The air condition in this car stopped working; only hot air was blowing out. After taking it to a mechanic, I was told it was due to a leaking air compressor. I was told multiple Ford Five hundred's have been taken in for the same problem. My husband also drives a 2007 Ford Fusion and is having the exact same issue with his vehicle. I called several mechanic's and dealerships to try and get a price comparison for this issue and all of them told me the same thing - this issue has been happening with so many 2007 Ford vehicles...I think this deserves some research. The compressor should not go out in a car at 72,000 miles.

- San Antonio, TX, USA