9.8

2009 Ford Flex brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford Flex:

2009 Ford Flex Owner Comments

Mar 302009

Flex

While entering a 4 lane divided highway from the driveway of a drugstore the electronic stability control (ESC) indicator light on the dash of my 2009 Ford Flex began flashing and I could hear the buzzing of the antilock brake system (ABS). The vehicle was traveling less than 15 miles an hour at the time so there was no risk of the vehicle going out of control. The application of the brakes by the ESC/ABS prevented the vehicle from accelerating which I believe created a safety hazard while trying to pull out into traffic on the highway. No crash occurred but there is significant potential for a crash. I disabled the ESC via the switch on the dashboard which allowed me to accelerate but now I did not have the safety benefit of the ESC. This occurred once yesterday, the car is new, I have owned the car for 4 days and it has accumulated less than 500 miles.

- Sterling Hts, MI, USA