- April 5: Ford Door Sensor Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 17 days ago
- April 1: Ford Recalls F-250 Trucks Over Rollaway Dangers recalls | 21 days ago
- March 30: Ford Recalls Escape, Fiesta ST, Fusion and Transit Connect After 29 Fires recalls | 23 days ago
- March 30: Ford Door Latch Recall For Fiesta, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ recalls | 23 days ago
- March 29: Ford Recalls F-450 and F-550 Trucks to Replace Driveshafts recalls | 24 days ago
2009 Ford Flex
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2009 Ford Flex
Official recalls have been issued for the 2009 Ford Flex by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Ford service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Ford customer service.
2009 Ford Flex AIR BAGS:FRONTAL NHTSA Campaign #16V247000
Summary: Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2009-2012 Ford Flex, 2008 and 2010-2012 Ford Taurus, 2008-2009 Ford Taurus X, 2008 Mercury Sable, 2009 and 2011 Lincoln MKS vehicles. The driver frontal air bag may improperly inflate during second-stage deployment in the event of a high speed crash. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 208, "Occupant Crash Protection."
Consequence: An improperly inflated air bag increases the risk of injury in the event of a crash.
Actions: Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and replace the driver's frontal air bag module, as necessary, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin on June 13, 2016. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 16C06. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #16V247000 »