2009 Ford Flex seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford Flex:

2009 Ford Flex Owner Comments

Sep 082015

My Flex started having a hard jerk and bang when going from reverse to park. Was not always but frequent. The car started to run hot when sitting in a drive thru or traffic but would go right back down when I started moving. I took it into S mechanic and he replaced the fan. After replacing the fan the car began to have a really bad grinding noise when idling or traveling. Do bad I did not want to drive it. I took it into the Ford dealership and after 2 days they call and say they can't find anything wrong. Within 4 minutes I get another call daying I need a new transmission. The car would eccellerate on its own, shut off intermittently, and car would lag between 3rd and 4th gears. Ford dealership advised me to have a knew transmission put in. Car will shift properly most of the time even on highway. Only get whining noise at low speeds. I was also in an accident causing $13000 worth of damage to front end and airbags did not deploy after hitting a car doing 35 mph.

- National City, CA, USA

Jun 262009

In a head on collision with a parked vehicle traveling at approximately 45 to 50 mph none of the air bags were set off and the seat belt did not hold the driver back and he was thrown into the steering wheel bending the steering wheel and column.

- Wayne, MI, USA