2011 Ford Flex miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Flex:

2011 Ford Flex Owner Comments

Aug 152016

We were driving around 25mph and suddenly everything was unresponsive. Wheel couldn't be controlled and brakes had no effect. We spun out of control until 2 parked cars stopped us.

- Hastings On Hudson, NY, USA

Aug 212015

I had just finished vacuuming the inside of my 2011 Ford Flex. The rear automatic liftgate was up and I was leaning into the back of the Flex reinstalling my cargo net when the hydraulics failed and the liftgate came slamming down on my back. I sustained bruising and muscle injury. If it was my arm or leg it might have resulted in an amputation. If it was my head / neck it could have resulted in a fatality. If it was my child he could have been paralyzed. Why are there no safety features that prevents the liftgate from slamming shut if the hydraulics fail?

- Moraga, CA, USA

May 252015

The rear window just spontaneously exploded outward.

- Canal Fulton , OH, USA

Jan 082015

Two out of four of our window up/down control buttons are not working. The two that are not working are also the two that are used the least amount. I believe it to be a manufacturers defect.

- Nicolaus, CA, USA

Mar 172015

Flex 6-cyl

My wife was driving down the interstate yesterday, when the rear passenger door window shattered into pieces for apparently no reason. Thankfully no one was injured. Based on information found on the internet, this has happened with other Ford models and years as well. I have seen where NHTSA has investigated this similar issue with 2010-2011 Ford escape and Mercury mariner, but have not been able to find the results of the investigation. shows 3 complaints about the same issue with the Ford Flex.

- Hendersonville, TN, USA