2012 Ford Flex electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Flex:

2012 Ford Flex Owner Comments

Aug 232015

Traveling on interstate highway in rain storm, mid morning, windshield wipers on, instrument panel lights and headlights shut off. Pulled off highway and set headlight control to all four positions and all lights remained off regardless of control position. Shut engine off and restarted. Lights came on in all control positions. Set to auto function and returned to highway to go home. Still raining, windshield wipers on. Traveled approximately 20 miles when all lights shut off again. After reaching home, shut engine off. Restarted and lights work in all control positions. Will retest again with second driver to verify circumstances

- Polk City, FL, USA

Dec 012014

The right rear door sensor says that the door is open when it is not. Used to be able to try to closing it a few times but that no longer works. Now I cannot lock my car because my car alarm keeps going off thinking that someone is trying to open the door. When I called the dealership about it, they said "I know exactly what you are talking about". I received an estimate of approximately $300 to get it fixed - even though there is really nothing wrong at all - the door is closed. It has now happened approximately three times with the right front door. This should be a recall.

- Nescopeck, PA, USA

Mar 022015

Flex 6-cyl

I was reversing from my driveway going less than 5 miles per hr. When my vehicle accelerated on its own going at a fast speed losing total control of my vehicle. The vehicle then finally stopped in the middle of the road and died out. I could of killed someone or hit something if they were behind me. I took my Flex to service dept. At dealership as it was still under warranty and was told it was the throttle body and motor assembly. It was replaced and no mention of recall. I don't feel safe driving my vehicle.

- Nc, NC, USA

Aug 182014

Touch screen went completely blank. Could not operate anything associated with touchscreen. Called dealer, told me they could get it in next week. Are you kidding. Looked on line for help. Ended up disconnecting battery, and reconnecting. Works now.

- Carthage, NY, USA

Dec 032012

Flex 6-cyl

Multiple problems with advance trac and electrical system. Occurs every five to six months. Service advance trac indicator comes on along with control issues in rain and snow, brake lights not shutting off, cruise control not operating and ignition system has quit working. Not all of this happen at the same time but the recurring issue is the advance trac system and then another part of the system fails or has problems along with the service advance trac warning.

- St. Paul, MN, USA

Jun 082012

Flex 6-cyl

There are several different incidences that have occurred. (1) while turning a corner or slowing down the A/C will shut down. (2) the control panel instruments will go all the way over to the right and then surge forward when turning a corner. (3) car has died on several occasions especially while trying to accelerate onto highway. (4) A/C will turn on by itself and blow on maximum even when power switch is turned off. (5) when car loses power, all codes are reset so dealer is unable to get a clear reason why car is doing this. We had a black box installed for two weeks with some results pinpointed but after it was "fixed" we continue to have the same problems. Dealer connected a computer while we drove around block and the computer diagnosis was that we were pushing the brake and gas at same time...not possible! the reading was that the brake had been touched more than 2000 times while driving 20 miles. We have had this car in repair shop 8 times and no resolution yet. Dealer said they would stand behind vehicle with an extended warranty at no cost while we tried to find problems but now warranty is up and they want us to pay for extended warranty. We were told by dealership that if we apply for lemon law that we would most likely lose the case and it would only cost us money. According to Texas law...this car definitely qualifies~ we are waiting to hear from our attorney. I hope no one else buys this type of vehicle~

- Blum, TX, USA