3.1

2013 Ford Flex brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Flex:

2013 Ford Flex Owner Comments

Jun 282016

Flex

Passenger door, rear passenger door, and hatch door ajar signal stays on when door is closed. -interior light stays on -alarms goes off in the middle of the night -faulty latch dome light stays on and creates a night driving hazard. Creates a safety hazard when the dome lights stays on and I am sitting in a public area at night. False door ajar signal prevents me from recognizing a real door ajar situation, which is very dangerous. Doors sometimes may or may not not lock. Windshield wipers randomly turn on.

- Litchfield, NH, USA

May 092016

Flex

Drivers side door ajar alarm sounds when door closed. The dash shows a picture of the car with the drivers door open. The interior lights stay on, door alarm chimes. The car electrical stability system does not recognize that the door is closed. Been happening for days. Happens as soon as I get in and shut the door. Try several times to close the door hard, softly, quickly, and it stays on more and more. Now the car alarm sounds a couple times a day when car is parked and off.

- Kearneysville, WV, USA

Apr 152015

Flex

-passenger door, rear passenger door, and hatch door ajar signal stays on when door is closed. -interior light stays on -alarms goes off in the middle of the night -faulty latch -ignition key switch dings until I put key in and turn key back and forth and then take out again. Dome light stays on and creates a night driving hazard. Creates a safety hazard when the dome lights stays on and I am sitting in a public area at night. False door ajar signal prevents me from recognizing a real door ajar situation, which is very dangerous. Doors sometimes may or may not not lock, nor will the trunk open sometimes- causing a safety hazard/possible dangerous situation when I am trying to get my groceries out of the trunk at night. These same issues happened to our vehicle in 2013, Jan.2014, Aug 2014, and now in 2015.

Aug 062014

Flex

-passenger door, rear passenger door, and hatch door ajar signal stays on when door is closed. -interior light stays on -alarms goes off in the middle of the night -faulty latch -ignition key switch dings until I put key in and turn key back and forth and then take out again. Dome light stays on and creates a night driving hazard. Creates a safety hazard when the dome lights stays on and I am sitting in a public area at night. False door ajar signal prevents me from recognizing a real door ajar situation, which is very dangerous. Doors sometimes may or may not not lock, nor will the trunk open sometimes- causing a safety hazard/possible dangerous situation when I am trying to get my groceries out of the trunk at night. These same issues happened to our vehicle in 2013, and earlier in 2014.

Jan 032014

Flex

-passenger door, rear passenger door, and hatch door ajar signal stays on when door is closed. -interior light stays on -alarms goes off in the middle of the night -faulty latch -ignition key switch dings until I put key in and turn key back and forth and then take out again. Dome light stays on and creates a night driving hazard. Creates a safety hazard when the dome lights stays on and I am sitting in a public area at night. False door ajar signal prevents me from recognizing a real door ajar situation, which is very dangerous. Doors sometimes may or may not not lock, nor will the trunk open sometimes- causing a safety hazard/possible dangerous situation when I am trying to get my groceries out of the trunk at night. These same issues happened to our vehicle in 2013, 2014, 2015, and now again in 2016.

Sep 062013

Apr 232016

Nov 052015

Flex

Both passenger door ajar sensors are malfunctioning keeping the interior lights on which is draining battery. Lights will not go off until a certain speed is reached while driving.(clearly a safety issue!!!) also alarm keeps going off randomly and the frequency is increasing.

- Port Orchard, WA, USA

Oct 012015

Flex

Ford Flex 2013 door ajar light remains illuminated after doors are shut. After several attempts at closing door tightly and door appears firmly shut, the light still indicates open. Also, doors do not auto lock when car is parked for some time and doors do not auto lock while driving. Very dangerous safety issue with children traveling with me everyday in the back seats. I hate to think what might happen if I have an accident and the air bags don¿T deploy because the sensors indicate the door is open. My car has 28,000 miles ¿ well under the factory warranty of 36,000 but Ford will not cover the replace part because I am second owner with the car having pasted it's 3yr marker. This is a well known issue for Ford and should be handled as a safety recall.

- Lake Mary, FL, USA