2013 Ford Flex electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Flex:

2013 Ford Flex Owner Comments (Page 5 of 5)

Nov 152014

Flex 6-cyl

Problems started with the front passenger door saying that the door is open when it is shut. It was every now and then until a month passed. Then, it just says that it is open all the time. Next, it spread to the driver door not latching. It latches and locks, but the computer system claims both doors are open and tells you to shift to park. To make things better the driver window now rolls down when it wants to. Every now and then the touch screen for the radio/ navigation cuts in and out.

- Saint Marys, GA, USA

Jun 102014

Flex 6-cyl

Back passengers door latch not connecting to the system. On my 2013 Ford Flex both back passenger doors are not connecting to the system, stating doors are ajar when they are clearly shut closed. Because of this my interior lights stay on until car starts to move at a certain speed, cannot turn on my alarm and if I do after a while the alarm will go off, and also on system it is stating the doors are ajar. This will be the fourth time I will have to take it in, Ford dealership says they have replaced the latch, but I'm thinking it is something else if I have to take it in every three months and also my warranty has expired!!!

- Orange, CA, USA

Feb 172014

Flex 6-cyl

Door latch sensors are very problematic. Have had my vehicle in 4 times in 2014 for same issue. Computer claims doors are ajar when they're closed. Have heard this is a problem with the edge and other makes as well. Warranty expires at ~36,000 miles. I just hit 40,000 miles and am now having to pay for pre-existing condition.

- West Point, UT, USA

Aug 152014

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Flex. The contact stated that the door ajar sensor was illuminated, indicating that the door was open although it was closed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the door latch needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 51,000. The VIN was not available.

- Hummelstown, PA, USA

Jul 012014

Flex 6-cyl

The vehicle door ajar alarm is saying that the door is still open even though the door is securely shut. This happened first when we were going to be getting out of the car and we thought we didn't get the door shut tightly. However, multiple times over the past 7-10 days the door ajar alarm is going off, even when traveling down the road after it was previously not on and the door is securely shut. This is very distracting as a loud buzzing noise suddenly comes on when you are driving down the highway and causes the driver to become distracted and start looking for the warning light letting you know what is wrong. I have contacted Ford and they have instructed me that this part is not covered but to keep my receipts in the event there is a recall.

- Huntington, IN, USA

Apr 222013

Flex 6-cyl

I have owned my vehicle since March 2013 and have had it in the process multiple times since - sync issues, dead battery and three seatbelt replacements. My vehicle has rear airbag seatbelts supposedly for safety. Instead, my kids have been forced into unsafe situations because the belts are so poorly designed as soon as the black plastic covering the belt breaks, the entire seatbelt no longer functions. This is wholly unacceptable. I've approached Ford and springhill Ford in dundee without any satisfaction. Most recently I took my car into springhill Ford for an inspection and was told the issue is debris was in the buckles. The seatbelts are in the back seat where kids sit, there will be debris. Why is it acceptable that debris breaks the belts? I've paid far too much money (additional for this "safety" feature) to have a vehicle I can't trust.

- Poplar Grove, IL, USA