6.8

2013 Ford Flex fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Flex:

2013 Ford Flex Owner Comments

Oct 172013

Flex 6-cyl

My vehicle motor quit about a mile from my home and I coasted to the side of the road and tried to restart the motor. The smell of gas became very strong and I got out and could see where a stream of gas had started 50 yards back on the street and a puddle was under the gas tank. I got the heck out of there and called Ford road assistance. The vehicle was transported to the Ford dealer.the safety recall 13S04 for replacing the fuel pump had been performed about a month ago and 1000 miles ago. The dealer had not install the O ring seal properly. They did it again and say it is good to drive. I am not so sure.

- Apros, CA, USA

Jul 292013

Flex 6-cyl

I received the recall notice on Saturday, 7/27. I am leaving for vacation on August, 3, will be gone for 3+ weeks and will drive approx. 4000 miles. I called several dealerships on Monday, 7/29, but am unable to find anyone willing to schedule service for before 8/9 -- they have to order the part and then will schedule me once it has come in. I called Ford's customer relationship center twice and got no assistance. Ford tells me that if I don't currently smell gas, the car is currently safe to drive. However, I am concerned that I will be on vacation thousands of miles from home and develop a problem but have no way to address it. If there is a safety problem and a recall notice is issued, the dealerships should have parts on hand and be prepared to repair cars quickly for people in my situation. A recall notice on a potential fuel line problem is of no use if dealers are prepared to deal with the safety issue promptly.

- Ann Arbor, MI, USA