3.1

2013 Ford Flex miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Flex:

2013 Ford Flex Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Apr 072014

Flex

The driver side door does not lock. The mechanism that recognizes that the driver side door is closed doesn't work. When the car is turned on and subsequently when the vehicle comes to a stop or very slow speed (like a stop sign or light) the alarm sounds again (a pinging sound with a visual alert that the door is open with an message to shift to park). However, no matter how many times the door is opened and shut, the alarm doesn't go off. This means that doors do not automatically lock when the car is put into gear. When the vehicle attempts to automatically lock the doors when the car is put into gear, the lock immediately snaps back up because of the door warning. Even manually locking the door doesn't work because of the alarm. This is a safety concern both when driving but also when stationary. I want to be able to lock my car doors in the event there are safety concerns nearby so that no one can get into the car while we are in a parking lot or at a light. I mentioned this to the Ford dealer while the car was still under warranty but they said they would charge $300 just to look at it.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Feb 022015

Flex

The front passenger door ajar warning began showing while I was sitting in my driveway and the door has not been touched in fact there was not even a passenger in my vehicle. I tried opening and shutting the door several times and when this problem began and for about the first month the warning would reset. Since then the warning is present approximately 70% of the time. When the door ajar morning is active the interior lights stay on at low speed and regardless of speed you're unable to lock the doors. These issues are when the door ajar morning is active the interior lights stay on at low speed and regardless of speed you're unable to lock the doors which cause obvious safety and security issues as well as the added danger of not being aware of an actual door ajar. I took my Flex to summerville Ford and they acknowledge being aware of multiple Ford models with the same issue, apologized for not being able to fix the issue without my paying for it.

- Summerville, SC, USA

Oct 202014

Flex 6-cyl

Door ajar warning when the door is properly shut. The vehicle is not recognizing that the door is closed.

- Wallins Creek, KY, USA

Jul 012014

Flex 6-cyl

The vehicle door ajar alarm is saying that the door is still open even though the door is securely shut. This happened first when we were going to be getting out of the car and we thought we didn't get the door shut tightly. However, multiple times over the past 7-10 days the door ajar alarm is going off, even when traveling down the road after it was previously not on and the door is securely shut. This is very distracting as a loud buzzing noise suddenly comes on when you are driving down the highway and causes the driver to become distracted and start looking for the warning light letting you know what is wrong. I have contacted Ford and they have instructed me that this part is not covered but to keep my receipts in the event there is a recall.

- Huntington, IN, USA