2013 Ford Flex seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Flex:

2013 Ford Flex Owner Comments

Jan 012016

Passenger door sensor is telling the instrument panel that the door is open when it is shut. It will not automatically lock or allow me to lock the door when car is in motion (it pops back up). When motor is turned off the interior lights stay on. For a long time indicating that the door is not shut. The frequency of this problem has worsened over the past few months. And now the seatbelt latch doesnt work properly

- Glenn Hieghts, TX, USA

Apr 222013

Flex 6-cyl

I have owned my vehicle since March 2013 and have had it in the process multiple times since - sync issues, dead battery and three seatbelt replacements. My vehicle has rear airbag seatbelts supposedly for safety. Instead, my kids have been forced into unsafe situations because the belts are so poorly designed as soon as the black plastic covering the belt breaks, the entire seatbelt no longer functions. This is wholly unacceptable. I've approached Ford and springhill Ford in dundee without any satisfaction. Most recently I took my car into springhill Ford for an inspection and was told the issue is debris was in the buckles. The seatbelts are in the back seat where kids sit, there will be debris. Why is it acceptable that debris breaks the belts? I've paid far too much money (additional for this "safety" feature) to have a vehicle I can't trust.

- Poplar Grove, IL, USA

Aug 302013

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Flex. The contact was driving 20 mph when another vehicle crashed into the passenger's side of the vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy and the seat belt failed to restrain the contact, who was driving at the time of the incident. The contact was thrown under the steering wheel and sustained injuries to the ribs as a result. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed and towed to a salvage yard. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 9,000. The VIN was not available.

- Youngtown , AZ, USA

Oct 172012

Flex 6-cyl

About a month after purchasing my vehicle, one of the inflatable seatbelt buckles cracked at the buckle casing. A few weeks later, the second seat belt buckle cracked. I had both buckles replaced and now I have a 3rd buckle crack. This makes the seatbelts unsafe and difficult to operate. Additionally, the top part of the seat belt (where the inflatable portion originates) becomes twisted and stuck at the top, and makes it impossible to pull out the seat belt and use it. This inflatable seatbelt feature is in the second row where my children sit. They are unable to use the seatbelts unassisted as they are heavy and difficult to manipulate even when they are working properly. This new feature is unsafe and makes it difficult to buckle each and every time they are used. I paid to have these special seatbelts included when I purchased the vehicle, and even chose this vehicle because of this new special feature. I would like to have them removed and to have regular standard seatbelts installed. Thank you.

- Pinecrest, FL, USA