7.2

2014 Ford Flex accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Flex:

2014 Ford Flex Owner Comments

May 292014

Flex

My wife and I were driving on a 2-lane highway in our vehicle at the approximate speed of 55 mph. Our Ford Flex was equipped with a factory sunroof, which was in the closed position, and the sunshade was open. As we were traveling down this road, with no traffic coming in the opposite direction, or in front of us, we heard a shotgun sound come from above our heads and glass flew everywhere in our vehicle, including in the back where our 5-year old daughter was sitting. Our sunroof and literally exploded!!!! we closed the sunshade and immediately traveled to the local dealer where we purchased the vehicle. My think at first was that something his the glass, but yet nothing was around us that could have thrown anything onto the glass to break it. When we arrived at the dealership, we exited the car and when I looked at the huge hole in the sunroof, all of the glass surrounding the hold was pointing upwards as if the glass had literally exploded upward, not down into the car. I have never heard of anything like this happening, and luckily my wife was under control enough when it happened that she didn't swerve off of the road. After the dealership submitted details of this incident to Ford, they rejected to do anything to take care of this repair for us. I have since had to file a claim with my insurance to get it fixed, and have been contacting Ford executives on a daily basis, and contacting media sources, to get attention to this safety issue. I have found several other cases that stretch back to as far back as 2008 so far, with a description almost identical to ours. This is a safety issue that needs to have attention brought to before somebody gets seriously injured or dies.

- Warsaw, IN, USA