2014 Ford Flex drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Flex:

2014 Ford Flex Owner Comments

Mar 102015

Flex 6-cyl

I was in park in my driveway, which is steep, and the Flex rolled after being in park for 2 minutes. My three year old son was in the vehicle so I tried to jump into the vehicle and put my right hand on the brake pedal. The vehicle knocked me out and dragged me down, releasing me at the bottom of the driveway. I woke up to see the vehicle back into the other side of my U-shaped driveway and proceed forward, hopping my neighbor's curb, stopping in their bushes. My son was okay, but I sustained a broken and dislocated right wrist, and multiple road rashes on my feet, knees, right arm, left hand requiring sutures, right side of my face and a laceration in my scalp requiring sutures. These injuries were extremely painful and I lost the use of both hands for one month. At 8 weeks, I still do not have the full use of my left thumb and I require physical therapy on my right wrist as it is still not back to fully functioning. I took the vehicle to a local Ford dealer and they could not find anything wrong. I contacted Ford with written documentation and photos of my injuries and Ford did not even offer any form of sympathy or resolution to the problem. They denied my claim and offered no help! it's impossible to get out of any vehicle on our driveway in any gear other that park. I'm telling the truth and physics are proof enough. Though nothing mechanically defective was found by Ford, it happened, period. I was injured but lucky that neither my son nor others were hurt. I did nothing to cause this; it was a failure of the vehicle somehow but Ford stated that since they couldn't find the problem, they're denying my claim.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Feb 162014

Flex 6-cyl

Vehicle was parked on side of road, on an incline facing uphill, with engine running. 2 adult passengers in vehicle. Without notice vehicle began rolling backwards. Passenger turned wheel in an attempt to stop vehicle on curb. Center console prevented passenger from being able to access vehicle brakes or parking brake. Vehicle ended up striking another vehicle before it came to rest. Luckily there were no injuries as hill ends in cul-de-sac with large drop off. I requested local Ford dealers inspect powertrain system as a car in park should not suddenly begin rolling. 2 local dealers have refused to look at vehicle citing they do not want to get involved.

- Rancho Palos Verdes, CA, USA