4.8

2014 Ford Flex engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Flex:

2014 Ford Flex Owner Comments

May 262015

Flex

No, there wasn't a fire (yet). But your system wouldn't allow me to send this w/O picking one of the three incident options. Bad raw fuel smell after every engine shutoff. Car taken to Ford dealer who told us there was a tsb# 14-0091 for this issue. No parts available, and they don't know when they will be available! we are worried that the car is going to start on fire! please help!

- Le Roy, NY, USA

Dec 312013

Flex 6-cyl

I was traveling 70 mph on a toll way in busy morning traffic. Without any warning the vehicle lost engine power. Pressing the gas gave no acceleration and no power to move the car. Thankfully I was in the left lane and had enough momentum to get to the left shoulder. At this point a wrench light came on saying check manual. The car was under no power of its own in 70 mph traffic. Very dangerous! sat on the left should of the speeding toll road until a tow truck arrived and took it to the nearest dealership. They ran diagnostics and were very surprised and perplexed why a 2014 engine seized up. Issued a rental car for an indefinite time and said the engine will be taken completely a part as they try to figure out what went wrong. They said they will work with Ford on a solution whether to rebuild the engine or put a new one in. This is a 2014 engine! I think they know there is a big problem with the car. I certainly have lost confidence in it. It failed me at 70mph in traffic.

- Monticello, IL, USA