2015 Ford Flex engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Flex:

2015 Ford Flex Owner Comments

Sep 132016

The contact owns a 2015 Ford Flex. While driving approximately 60 mph, the speed suddenly reduced to 20 mph and the check engine indicator illuminated. After restarting the vehicle, the failure occurred a second time before stalling. The vehicle was towed to the dealer, but the failure could not be duplicated. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 8,200.

- Holly Spring, NC, USA

Jul 012016

July 1 I was driving the car running some errands (bank, post office, grocery store) when the car suddenly lost power turning across oncoming traffic on a four lane highway. This was one day after I had the car at the dealership for more diagnostic work and they could not find anything wrong without the code. I left the car running after making it home and called Ford roadside assistance for a tow to the dealership. When wrecker driver arrived after a two hour wait he said he could not tow car with engine running (against dot rules and regulations) so engine was turned off and code was lost again. Car was delivered to the dealership and I told them to keep the car until repairs were properly made. I ask for a loaner but I was told they didn't have one. No offer was made for a rental. They did give me a ride back home where I sat over the July 4th holiday with no transportation. Totally lost for what to do next" any suggestions"

- Midland, NC, USA

Jun 302016

Regarding NHTSA complaint no. 10876758. Had the car at the dealership this morning and nothing was found. They think it is the throttle body but can't repair it without authorization from Ford Motor Company. Service writer said he would call me if and when he got authorization (no idea when that might be). No offer was made to leave car until repairs were made and replace with a loaner. I drove the car back home approximately 25 miles one way. This afternoon I drove it to the grocery store with my wife riding along and upon returning home I was turning across two lanes of oncoming traffic onto the road I live on when the car stalled again. Dealership just called and said Ford will not authorize repair without the code showing on the reader. So, on to the next step.

- Harrisburg, NC, USA