5.0

2. get it replaced when it breaks, as it will (1 reports)
2000 Ford Focus AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Focus:

2000 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Sep 072005

Focus SE

So the number two setting on my switch has never worked. I go from soft blowing air on one, then nothing on two, then high blast on three. Plus when you switch from floor/window to only floor, the A/C light comes on. Only on that setting. What's with that??

- , Constantine, MI, USA

May 122004

Focus SE 4 Door

After only having my lovely little LEMON for only a year, the number 4 on my fan speeds stopped working. I was told that it would cost a significant amount of money to fix so since then I have never ever been able to use the number 4 on my fan speed. Pretty bad the car was only a few years old and the fan speeds stopped working properly. When you turn it to 4, it's like turning it to the off position.

- , Town, NB, Canada

Jan 012008

Focus ZX3 2.0L 4-cyl 3dohc

Blower switch will not go up to "4" - it's great on 1, 2, or 3; but will not go to "4" - not worth the amount to get fixed right now...

- , Phoenix, AZ, USA

Feb 162009

Focus SE Four Banger

i just need to fix the issue as it is winter and the defrost needs to work

- , Conway Springs, KS, USA

Jul 092008

Focus SE

Arg, the switch would get stuck alot and it finally broke. It broke so I had air blowing at my feet (not helpful in 100 degree sticky summers!) I got it replaced which cost a lot because of the labor and the new one still sticks. I'm afraid it'll break again. It's really unsafe because the defrost is necessary to see in the winter.

- , Prospect Heights, IL, USA

Aug 012008

Focus LX 2.0L

The fan switch only works on level 4 or not at all. I do not know how much it will cost to get fixed, but the dealership seemed like it wouldn't be too expensive.

- , Altoona, IA, USA