4.0

2000 Ford Focus accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Focus:

2000 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Jul 202009

Focus ZTS Zetec 16v

I own a 2000 Ford Focus ZTS (Zetec 2L 16V) with roughly 84,000 miles. I have had to replace 3 of the 4 power window parts, the trunk latch mechanism, and the ignition lock cylinder. While I get annoyed by how cheap these vehicles seem to be constructed, it doesn't outweigh the benefits.

I do have a problem that I have not been able to figure out- I have just learned to live with. When placing the key in the ignition, an annoying buzzing sound occurs. Meanwhile, the dash flashes- blinks- until you turn the key fully to start the vehicle. I have taken this in to my mechanic, and the only solution he found was turning the dome light off. By doing this, the buzzing stops but the dash still blinks. I pretty much have gotten use to entering the vehicle in the middle of the night with no dome light. When I stop the car, the dash continues to flash for about a minute. Anyone have a similar problem and what was your solution?

- , Sparks, NV, USA