2000 Ford Focus body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Focus:

2000 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Mar 052008

Focus SE

I was washing my car this past spring and the paint around the tired just started chipping off to reveal rust underneath. I've had a crappy car before, but I've never seen anything like this. I went to a car paint store to get new paint, but of course the paint on the car has faded so it's very obvious it's had some work done. Damn it, I want my car to at least look nice!

- , Prospect Heights, IL, USA

Dec 022004

Focus SE Sedan

I was told by Ford that it might be a defect with the paint, well hello the car was only 4 years old! but i would have to leave it for a week so they could analyze it to make sure it was a defect, then if it was and i would have to leave another week so they could fix it. i only have this car and work and they would not provide me with another car so i never got it fixed. shame on ford!

- , Riverside, CA, USA