7.5

$1,500.00

2. get a Dodge (1 reports)
  3. replaced engine head (1 reports)
2000 Ford Focus engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Focus:

2000 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Mar 032010

Focus SE 4cy

Very rough noise when driving and when i come to a stop it idles and wants to shut down. I start the car on and the speedometer jumps from 0 to 120 then drops and then it starts idling. I give a little gas to keep it going. I have to keep my foot on the break (in order for the car not to shut down) to take off in reverse backing out of the drive way. Sometimes when I'm on a stop light or stop sign. Please help with this problem. I just couldn't afford a dealer ship then and now. I have a brother that does mechanic work (old school tho).

- , Kerrville, TX, USA

Sep 102010

Focus ES 2.0L

im buying a doge f*k ford they are a POS!! all fords are F*ked Over Rebuilt Dodges ,that are Found On Roads Dead .

- , Cahokia, IL, USA

Apr 132009

Focus

It was running, but it was chugging. Eventually the dealership diagnosed the problem. It did not seem like they wanted to fix it, but they did. I think they wanted to sell me a newer one instead. The engine runs like new now.

- , Cincinnati, OH, USA

Sep 022009

Focus 2.0L

What can I say that hasn't already said about this piece of crap. I am the original owner and have lost track of all the recalls.

Head changed once under warranty, was told by a ford repair shop that it needed to changed again but of course it was out of warranty by then. Front spring broke of course before that recall. (dealer fixed it for 100.00). Stalling, rear suspension, now front suspension, rough idle, heater control switch twice, radio, I could list more but why. My new mechanic fixed the second head problem, not sure how. WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER FORD.

- , Taylor, MI, USA