7.0

$1,150.00

1. the dealer told us that we needed to replace a head (1 reports)
  2. tps/throttle body (1 reports)
2000 Ford Focus engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Focus:

2000 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Mar 162009

Focus SE

This car sucks!! I had a ton of problems with it and only had 100,000 miles. A Toyota or Honda would never do this. It would always stall and hesitate all the time. It was gonna take $2,000 to fix the problem and the trade-in value was only $1,700!! DO NOT BUY ONE!!

- , Nashville, TN, USA

Dec 012008

Focus DX 2.0L

Gee, another complaint about Ford, hard to believe. Anyway my hesitation problem was diagnosed as a faulty TPS by myself ( I am an ASE master tech, L1 ). I foolishly thought this was an easy and inexpensive fix. Dealer informed me I had to buy an entire throttle body assembly and a new wiring harness for about $250.00, ouch! If I had a manual transmission I could have bought a TPS for about $40.00, put it on in ten minutes and been on my way. Instead I waited about two months for Ford to manufacture a replacement part ( It was back-ordered ) got hammered for way more money than this should ever have cost. I think I made my contribution to their bailout. We won't miss this company when it is gone.

- , North Kingstown, RI, USA