2. smack the steering wheel (temporary fix) (1 reports)
2000 Ford Focus lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Focus:

2000 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Mar 012009

Focus ZX3

My passenger side headlight will sometimes not come on and sometimes it will. I determined it has a short in it because if I go over a bump it will either go off if it was on and it will come on if it was off and if I hit it one good time with my fist it will come on. Its just a minor nuisance.

- , Augusta, GA, USA

Jan 202010

Driving at night is trivial when you don't know if the headlights while turn on. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't??? It's my boyfriends "project car" now, I'm not fooling with it.

- , Lexington, KY, USA

Apr 072009

Focus 2.3L 4 cyl

i have put a new blinker switch in and didn't help worth sh*t still have the same problem

- , Mayfield, KY, USA

Jan 252007

Focus LX 3.2

I found that if you smack the steering wheel, sometimes the lights will start working again (this is the interior lights). I should probably get them fixed anyhow. I think it's a fuse problem.

- , Aurora, IL, USA

Aug 102006

The lights are going out. The interior lights first - a hassle. Next the instrument panel - can't tell my speed at night - worse. Now the tail lights are out. I checked all the fuses. I replaced lamps. Nothing works.

- , Westford, MA, USA