2001 Ford Focus AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Focus:

2001 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Jul 172007

Focus 4-cyl

A/C fan switch burned along with the connecting wire block, putting smoke into the vehicle, if the vehicle hadn't been turned off after seeing smoke could have resulted in fire.

- Reisterstown, MD, USA

Aug 122006

Focus 4-cyl

I was driving my 2001 Ford Focus in the left lane of a 2 lane highway at about 40 mph when I turned the ac on and the car just stopped. I took it to a garage and they told me I needed a new compressor which would cost 1000 dollars..I found a garage that would do it for less using a used problem was this would happen every time I turned the air or the defroster on. I was afraid I would cause an accident..and am still afraid today when I drive it far..wondering if it will stall out at high speed again and cause me to have an accident. I also have had problems with the key jamming and not turning and my newest problem is I stopped for gas and when I tried to start it all I got was a clicking sound..

- Rahway, NJ, USA

May 162006

2001 Ford Focus air conditioning was repaired due to leak, consumer would like to be reimbursed for parts. ***** the evaporator and heater core was leaking.

- Honolulu, HI, USA